Chapter 3

CLANG! The current Numbers 1 and 3's claymores were brought down onto each other.

SWOOSH! Teresa swept at Ilena.

CLASH! Ilena blocked.

PING, PING, PING! The two single digits attacked each other with sword swings invisible to the mortal eye.

Sophia and Noel stood back, smiling at the two battling women. One sweetly and the other smug. The two nodded at each other before joining the fray.

Teresa, sensing Noel and Sophia's Yoma power approaching her from behind, quickly and effortlessly jumped into the air and away from the three. The three Claymore's swords clashed against each other.

Teresa landed on her knees a few yards away into an ally between the inn she was in and another building. "Damn it. You vermin."

Suddenly, there was the sound of armored boots walking behind her. Teresa became alarmed, and turned around to face the new foe. "Wha-?"

Once she turned her head around, she was met with the sight of another Claymore. One she did not recognize. This Claymore was much younger than the rest. Her blond hair was cut so short that it hung just above her ears.

Alarms rang in Teresa's head. 'There was another one? But I didn't sense her aura at all! What is she?"

Teresa was brought back to reality when the unknown Claymore spoke. "It is an honor to meet you. I'm Pricilla. I just got certified." 'Pricilla' kept a straight face. Her eyes showing innocence belonging to a child. "Forgive my rudeness, but we've come for your head."

"Clare, it' time to go. Gather your things." Percy turned away from the window, and walked towards his folded cloak. He quickly put it on, and headed for the door.

"But what about Teresa? We can't just leave her!" said Clare as she gathered her things, also grabbing Teresa's waist armor before walking towards the door Percy held open.

Percy watched Clare pass before following behind her and shutting the door. "Who said anything about leaving her?" Clare looked at Percy confused.

"But-?"

"You misunderstand, child. I said we are leaving, but I never said without your mother figure." Clare blushed, embarrassed. Percy chuckled at the action. "Don't feel so embarrassed. I knew it from the moment I met the two of you. You see her as your mother, and she, her daughter. It's not too difficult to understand." Percy began to lead the way down stairs and out the door of the inn. "Now, I believe Teresa is going to need some help soon. I have a bad feeling about this fight."

Clare nodded as she followed Percy out the door of the inn. Out of nowhere, Percy offered Clare his hand. She took it almost instantly. "Close your eyes." She did as he asked, then she felt as if every molecule of her body were being torn apart then put back together. "You can open your eyes now, Clare."

She opened her eyes again only to notice that they were on top of one of the inn. "How did we get here?" she asked in wonder.

Percy smiled. "It's something I learned a while back. I call it "vapor travel"." At Clare's confused look, he explained. "Vapor traveling is when I turn into water vapor and travel through the air as a cloud of vapor. It's pretty self-explanatory, if you ask me." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Clare suddenly felt very queasy. She groaned in discomfort.

"Ah, yes. I forgot to mention. You'll feel a bit ill because of every one of your molecules being separated and re-attached. It will pass, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll get used to it the more you do it."