Speechless: THREE

OKAY! I finally finished this chapter! I'm soooo sorry it took so long, and I hope you guys like it!

________

After I took an impossibly long shower, I threw on a comfy pair of jeans and one of Drew's flannel button down shirts. it was a little big, but I oud care less. 

I came out of the bathroom that I shared with Drew to find Geoff laying on the bottom bunk laughing at the television. I crept to the head of the bed, squatting to make sure I was out of the light. Right before I was ready to scare him, he let out a huge burp. I held my hand over my mouth to keep from making any sounds. I laughed hard internally; that was huge!

As Geoff continued to watch TV, he said to himself, "Beat that, Kait."

I smirked and stood up, putting my face directly over his, "Oh, you wanna bet?" I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Holy-!" he yelled, bringing his head up and knocking foreheads with mine. I let out a yelp of pain, astonished at his reaction.

After I recovered, I looked at him. He got up from the bed and was now facing me. I started to giggle. Then, his bewildered face sent me over the edge. 

"You-you should have seen your face!" I tried to say between laughs. He smiled and shook his head at me, "Settle yourself down, and meet me out side." Geoff pat my head. I sobered up from my laughing fit, and grimaced at him. He just laughed and went out of my room. I sighed and padded over to my window. I leaned on the window sill, looking outside. I saw Geoff out there, sitting on one of our steps. I  moved from the window to finish getting ready. Putting on my makeup,  I jammed to the music blaring from my iPod dock. I braided my hair down the side and looked at myself in the mirror. Good enough. If Geoff is taking me somewhere, I won't look like I just rolled out of bed. All of my preparation took five minutes, and in no time, I was out the door. i just don't get why it takes girls forever to out their makeup on. I mean seriously, it's foundation, bronzer, blush, mascara, and liner. How hard can it be?

I went out the front door, wrapped up in my winter coat and a scarf. I walked over to where he was sitting, arm folded. I didn't bother trying to scare him again. He probably heard the door click. I shuffled next to him on the step, letting out a huff. My breath billowed around me in a white cloud, then dissipated into nothingness. I watched until all of it is gone before I took another breath. After watching my breath, I turned towards Geoff. He was looking up at the partly cloudy sky, his elbows on his knees. He had his head in his hands, and I wished I could've taken a picture of him right there.

As peaceful as he looked, I had to break the silence, "What are you thinking?" I asked quietly. He turned his head towards me with a curious look, "Have you ever wondered how an airplane could fly in the air?" he asked me. 

I thought about it, "No, I haven't."

"Well, Kaitlyn, you haven't been living life to the fullest. Question everything. Everyday, learn new things." he said to me.

"Okay, but don't go all poetic on me. That was a good point, but isn't this day supposed to be fun?"

"Poetry is fun," he retorted, crossing his arms, "You can do so much with it."

 "Bowling is fun, too. Want to do something?" I asked, not wanting to get into a debate with Geoff about poetry. I would surely lose.

"We would, if we weren't grounded," he said with a tiny bit of acid in his voice.

"Oh, right. Well, then why are you out here?" I asked him, a sudden shiver running through me. 

"Why are you out here?" He taunted, a smirk forming on his face. I rolled my eyes, standing up, "I am not going to freeze to death out here. Come inside, and we can do something."

Geoff stood up and walked towards me. He puts his arms out, offering a hug. I shook my head, and started walking to the front door. I heard running footsteps behind me, but didn't have time to react before Geoff grabbed my waist and brought me into a hug. I squealed as he turned me around so I was facing him. I made sure he knew I was annoyed by making a face at him. He just laughed and threw me over his shoulder. I gasped in surprise. 

"You are so annoying sometimes, you know Geoff?" I said into his back. 

He chuckled, "You are so stubborn sometimes, you know Kaitlyn?" As much as I protested, he walked down the street, with me over his shoulder.

He was going to get it.

~~~~

Geoff and I ended up spending the rest of the day indoors, after we took a trip around the neighborhood. We played chess, like the cool people we are. We both suck at it though, so no one really won. We ended up playing my brother's game, MW3. I obviously sucked at that, and Geoff kicked my butt. It's not that I really like war games, but it ticked me off that I had an Xbox, and he didn't. Yet, he beat me.

When Dinnertime rolled around, my parents went out with our neighbors, Drew went on a date with his girlfriend, and Jessa left to God knows where. So, it was just Alex, Blair, Geoff and I for dinner. I decided to make pasta, and Alex helped me. It turned out pretty good, if I don't say so myself.

After dinner, ALex and Blair escaped to their rooms, leaving Geoff and I to watch the hockey game. When the second period was coming to an end, the Penguins were losing to the Flyers 3-2. Stupid Flyers. 

Geoff got up from the couch and stalked into the kitchen. He grabbed a bag of chips out of the pantry, and sat back down next to me. He offered me the open bag, and I took a couple. During the commercials, I got bored. So, I took the bag from Geoff's lap and shoved a handful of Jalapeno flavored chips in my mouth. Geoff watched me, waiting curiously waiting to see what would happen. The spices on the chips made my mouth burn. I ran to my kitchen sink, and pulled the retractable faucet out. I swallowed the chips, and sprayed my mouth with cold water. After about ten seconds, I was okay. Geoff stood by, laughing at me. I laughed with him, "That was stupid."

"Yeah it was. Why did you do that?" Geoff asked me, amused.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I was bored, and decided to make a fool out of myself. I really am turning into you."

He rolled his eyes, "I have fun, not make a fool of myself."

"Okay," I said, swiftly moving into the living room, "Sure, you 'just have fun'."

Geoff rolled his eyes again, and dropped on the couch. I quickly followed him. I accidentally sat on his hand.

"Uh, Kait? You're on my hand."

"What? Oh, sorry!" I exclaimed, blushing. I stood up, and he moved his hand. I sat back down, sitting several inches away. He raised his eyebrow at me, "Really? You can still sit near me!" Geoff grabbed my shoulder and moved me closer to him. Yawning, he put his arm around me. I shook my head, rolling my eyes.

"Uh, hate to interrupt your little...thing you two have going on here, but Kaitlyn, where is my straightener?" Blair said from the doorway.

I sighed, "It's in my bathroom."

"Thank you. And seriously you two, get a room."

__________

So that's that! Sorry that it's a little short, next chapter will be Longer!

So what do you think is going on? There will more action coming soon, don't worry!

See ya! Please remember to vote/comment if you like! THANKS!

Much love,

Emily <3