Speechless: ONE

This is dedicated to @TheSIlverQueen for making me not one, but two AWESOME covers! The first one is on the side, and check her out! She's awesome! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kaitlyn?'

"What?" I groaned as I slowly looked over the top bunk.

"Are you up for some hot chocolate or hot tea?" my best friend asked me from the bottom bunk.

"Geoff, it's like, four in the morning," I replied, "Why now?"

"Just come on," he said rolling over. I sighed and started climbing down the ladder. Geoff was still in his bed, frowning at me.

"What?" I asked him, getting impatient.

"I think I rolled over one of your needles," he said, wincing. He rubbed his lower back, and I looked for the needle. Usually, I sleep on the top bunk, and I sew on the bottom. I just started the hobby, and I hope I can progress in my skills. Hopefully.

Geoff found the needle, and we headed down the stairs to my tiny kitchen. I sat down at the table, and Geoff sat across from me.

“I heard your dad talking on the phone last night. Is he on another case?” I asked.

“Yeah, and I guess his witnesses won’t cooperate. I heard him say that one of them is on vacation in Hawaii.”

I laughed, “That sucks. So tell me, why did you drag me down here? I don’t even drink tea!” I said quietly. He looked at his hands, not answering me.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He just looked at me. I raised my eyebrows, and he put his head on the table. I closed my eyes. Why is he like this? He's slept over me house before. Him and his siblings stayed over when - oh.

I got up. I looked at him, head still on the table. Poor Geoff. Sleeping in our house must bring back memories of when his grandfather died. They were extremely close. Him and his siblings stayed at our house while his parents went to Virginia to go to his funeral. That was a very sad time, and at that time, Geoff was ten. Geoff and his grandfather did everything together. He even spent his tenth birthday with him on a boat in the middle of Lake Erie. He passed up a huge birthday party to go fishing. The two of them were inseparable.

He's fifteen now, but I know that's what's on his mind. I went into the kitchen and started to make us some hot chocolate. I was busy mixing in the chocolate when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Geoff, eyes filling with tears.

"Get over here," I said, hugging him. I let him soak my shoulder. After a couple of minutes, he sniffled and whispered, "I'm so pathetic."

"No you are not! I understand! You've seen me cry how many times? All of them were because of stupid relationships, but I don't care if you cry! It's more human than keeping it in!

"Okay," he said. I moved his damp-with-tears blond hair out of his eyes. I hugged him again, and he moved around me to finish his drink. I leaned against the counter, watching him. He seemed calmer, which is good. Luckily for him, he gets to go home tonight. His furnace burst, and it doesn't help that it's the middle of February in Pittsburgh.

“Hey.”

"Yeah?" I said cautiously.

"Jace was texting me last night,” he said, smiling the tiniest bit.

"Okay?" I said, hands on my hips.

"He told me he thought you were hot," he answered, waiting on my reaction.

"Ha! Please!” I said obviously surprising him by my reaction.

"Aw come on Kait. Almost all of my friends think you're hot!" Geoff said a little too loud. We heard footsteps from the room above us.

"Damn it, Geoff!" I whispered/yelled at him. He gave me his owl eyes. I rolled mine own eyes and grabbed him to hide in our adjacent garage. We can't get caught, or we'll be done for. Our parents are super strict, not to mention our bossy older siblings. I knew this was a bad idea.

"Move, move, move!" I say to him as we herded each other into our ancient hide-and-seek spot from forever.

He looked at me through the darkness and dirt. 'Sorry’ he mouthed to me. I grabbed a hold of his shirtsleeve and pulled him to the emergency ladder by my window. Did I tell you our parents were super over-protective too? We climbed up the ladder as fast as we could. Geoff practically leaped from the window to the bed. I made it up to my bunk just in time to see the door creak open. I saw my older sister, Blair peek through. I saw her pearly white grin as she whispered, "It's the ghosts," She turned her head in the direction of the stairs. "It was probably nothing, Mom,"

I breathed a sigh of relief. Blair snapped her head towards me. Crap. 

"You owe me one," She hissed at us. I just rolled my eyes. Good thing she couldn't see it. I'd be socially destroyed. Too bad we she has a temper the size of a fruit fly.

As soon as Blair closed the door, I pulled my head over the side of the bed, giving a death stare at Geoff.

"No one thinks I'm hot!" I whisper at him. He just attempted to hold in his laughter. I throw one of my pillows at him, making him jump. Now it was my turn to hold in my laughter. He grimaced up at me and got up from the bed. He walked up to my pathetic excuse of a TV, and turned it on.

"This is how we should be spending Labor Day weekend. Watching TV and being sloths, not crying and hiding from out family."

"We do that anyway," I said, making a point.

"Whatever," he mumbled, laying down. In a few minutes, he was snoring like there was no tomorrow. Goodnight, Geoff. I think, as I drift off myself.

 YAY! I FINALLY REDID THIS WHOLE BOOK!!!!!!!