Two

It was 6:30 in the morning and the soft sunlight of dawn was already breaking through your curtains. Your eyes shot open at the consistent ringing of your alarm clock. You slowly rose from bed, raising your arms into the open and stretching your body, feeling your muscles pull as you released soft sighs as you brought your arms back down and rested against the headboard of your bed. Pulling your cashmere blanket closer towards your face, you closed your eyes for a split second before realizing you had to be in for work in one hour.

So, you threw the blanket off of your body and got up from bed, with cancer. You combed your hair, took a shower and got dressed, with cancer. You ate breakfast, brushed your teeth and flossed, with cancer. Everything you did, no matter what, was with cancer.

Ever since finding out from Dr. Cho that your white blood cell count was high, and all signs pointed to leukemia, no matter what you did you would always remind yourself that you had cancer. Trying to make yourself forget, you carried on with your morning and planned to continue your day like Dr. Cho didn't tell you 3 days ago that you had cancer.

You left a little later than you usually do from your apartment, and you rushed to the busiest part of your neighborhood to hail a taxi. The taxi drivers always laughed when you told them "Avengers tower" whenever they asked you where you were going, only for them to realize that you were being serious and not talk to you for the rest of your car ride to work. The look of confusion on every drivers face was always the highlight of your day.

Right as you arrived to the tower, you looked up at the massive building and took in a deep breath. You scanned your identification card that gave you access to enter the building and you quickly made your way to the elevator that brought you all the way to the lab where Tony and Bruce were still experimenting with Loki's scepter.

"Still at it with that thing?" you asked, sitting down and observing the two. They both looked at you. "Only have a few more hours with this thing, gotta make it last" Bruce murmured, chugging the rest of his coffee. Tony set a tablet he was holding down onto a nearby table, and crossed his arms. "You're not supposed to be here" Tony said. You were confused, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear.

"What? It's 8:30." You responded softly before Tony walked closer to you. "Did you forget about the oncologist and the hematologist appointments I made for you today? We discussed it with Cho" Tony said. "Oh shoot! I-I completely forgot. I'm sorry." Tony gave you a quick hug before guiding you out of the lab. "I'll get someone to drive you, maybe Rogers since he's always up at the asscrack of dawn!" Tony rolled his eyes,

"Jarvis, can you send Mr. Rogers to the lab?"
"Of course, Mr. Stark"
"Thank you!"

Steve rushed down to the lab, panting and out of breath. "Tony.." he breathed "You needed me?" he was drenched head to toe with sweat, obviously coming from his morning work out. "You're taking (Y/N) to a couple of doctors today. I would do it, but I have to get in my hours with this wand and I can't even leave the lab. Jarvis has the directions, just drive her and make her comfortable, please?" Tony asked.

Steve looked at you, and then nodded. "Sure thing. Let me change out of these clothes and I'll be ready in 5" Steve said, walking to the elevator. "(Y/N) why don't you go up with Steve, we're about to start some, uh, experiments a-and we wouldn't want you getting-"

"More cancer?"
"Hurt"

Your eyes widened, and left Bruce feeling awkward and horrible. "I-I'm just gonna go upstairs then" you said, rushing to the elevator with Steve. As the large doors closed and brought both of you up, Bruce looked back at Tony and frowned. "You should really go with her" Bruce spoke softly, pausing his work to discuss with Tony.

"She's a big girl. Besides, I'm doing Cap a favor. I see the way he looks at her, he's had the hots for her since he first joined our superhero boy band!" Tony exclaimed, walking across the lab and picking up a tablet to continue his research on the scepter. "Tony," Bruce sighed "you're a huge figure in her life. I best she needs you more than she needs Steve! He's only known her for at least 3 years, you've known her since she was 23!"

"24" Tony corrected. "Whatever!" Bruce shouted. "I'll take over, go support her Tony. Please" Bruce took the tablet from Tony's hands and placed it onto a lab table. Tony and Bruce looked at each other, but Tony just shook his head and picked the tablet back up and continued with his work, ignoring Bruce as if nothing had been said at all.