Chapter 1

It was the day before the first day of school, and I was talking with my little sister, Sayu. It was a deep conversation! Okay, maybe not.

"Yeah. Hey, Sayu, do you know why girls don't like me?"

"'Cause, no offense or anything, but you're too nice." Wait- did you just hear that? I'm TOO nice?

"What do you mean? How can someone be too nice?"

"You're like a rug or something. A doormat! That's it. Yeah, you're just a little too "push-overey". If you stood your ground, or enforced some kind of power, you could get girls!" She giggled and poked me in the arm. "It would also help to work out..."

I picked her up and flung her over my shoulder. 

"So what was the homework you needed help on?" I asked, walking towards her room.

"English, mostly the grammar," she replied, giggling, seemingly not phased by the fact she was hanging over my shoulder.

"Okay, let's start on that!" I said as I plopped her down on her bed.

"But can't we bake cookies first?" she asked sweetly, doing that adorable smile that I know I can't say "no" to.

"Stop smiling, we have work. And by we, I mean you," I responded, slightly laughing.

"PLEEEEASE?" she asked as she started walking downstairs, which is where the kitchen is. I guess we're both at the mutual understanding that I'm going to say "fine" and she's going to poke me and we're going to make cookies.

"Fine, but you have to make them shaped like letters!" I said as we walked downstairs. She stopped and turned around.

"Wait, why?"

"It's on the theme of grammar!" I replied.

"Gosh, Tyler, you're so lame it's funny!" she responded, making both of us laugh. Sometimes I wonder how lonely I'd be without Sayu. I'm glad my parents adopted her.