Chapter 13

Dedicated to AleshaLimbu

The school just closed and I decided to walk with my friends to the parking lot. My day wasn't really how I feared it would be at first, because eventually all I got were compliments from so many people. Good compliment and some few bad ones because some people just couldn't talk without indirectly insulting other people.

'You look good without your glasses'

'The contact lens suits you better'

Excuse me, what is that suppose to mean? I never knew I look bad in my glasses. It was so annoying to hear them say that.

I wished that I could give them my deadly looks but I couldn't do that. A compliment should be a compliment and I really needed that in my first day of taking a that bold step. Some people might think changing how you dress to school is not a big deal but it was to me. The fact that it was for the boy that I liked so much, I just couldn't resist. Some people might feel it was wrong of me, I shouldn't have to change myself or how I look for anyone but they wouldn't have understood if they were in my shoes.

Things we actually do for love...

It seemed awkward to me, getting all fixed up like this but I hoped to adjust as time went by. After all, new borns could never start walking the very first day they were born.

"I think we should do some shopping this weekend. What do you think?" Emma said.

"Nicely said, I was just thinking the same. it's gonna be fun and you, Alex needs it the most. You need some more fashionable outfit in your closet" Kim supported. Did she meant that my clothes weren't fashionable enough? We're my clothes that ugly? Was that everyone thought about my dressing everyday? Kent even told me he hated my cardigans, who doesn't love cardigans?

"I think you just insulted me, one more word from you I could get some sense into you with this pen" I pointed my pen at her, hoping to scare her.

"Her eyes went wide in horror as she took few steps away from me. "Get that pen away from me" She actually thought that I would stab her with a pen? How crazy was that?

"Oh! Come on, don't say that. She didn't mean it that way" Emma said and threw her arm around my shoulder. But it suddenly clicked to me that if I wanted to keep it up, I needed to go for the shopping. I mean I should have other stuff aside my sweaters right?

"I know, it's okay I think Saturday is good" I replied with a smile.

We got to where they both parked their cars, we talked a little more before we decided to part ways.
I turned around and saw Kent standing like the ghost that he was, smiling at me. My eyes flashed with a little bit of anger and resentment but I knew deep within me that I wanted to smile at him too.

I liked this boy too much and there was some sort of unexplainable joy that I felt on the inside whenever I saw him. The only time I hated to see him was whenever Tia was around him but now I didn't have to worry about Tia anymore. He was mine that very moment. Only mine.

I had told him to stop showing up whenever he felt like, at least not in an open space like the school parking lot but he wouldn't listen. I was mad at him and I also wasn't at the same time. I t felt like I was blowing hot and cold at the same time.

"Seriously....you need to stop showing up like a ghost" I folded my arms and frowned my face at him.

"But I am a ghost" He replied jokingly. Everything always seems to be a joke to him. I rolled my eyes at him again and continued walking towards where Max had park the car.