Black Cat:Chapter 5

The black car I was zoomed through the night at 80 miles per hour. Eva was certainly excited.  I could see people walking in the streets even though it was so late. Neon lights filled my eyes. The car came to an abrupt stop and we both got out. My heels clicked on the sidewalk as we headed towards the door. The was a large man with a black suit at the door checking ID’s. Eva pulled hers out and he nodded his head and before he could even look she pulled my hand and ushered me inside the club. Music blared in my ears. The place was huge, but it was still packed with people. Eva kept walking not noticing if I was following or not. She was heading towards the bar. I saw two men motioning towards Eva and I. I decided to follow Eva than instead of becoming a human sandwich like everyone on the dance floor. I tripped over my feet trying to follow Eva to the bar, but was able to regain my balance before my face met black and white tiled floor. I stopped short when I saw a man that looked about 19 maybe 20 years old with green eyes  wearing a grey suit with a red tie. He had brown hair that curled at the ends and a well formed body. The man next to me looked about 55 to 60 years old. He was holding the youger mans shoulder and saying something to Eva. The younger mans hand reached out to greet me. I hesitated and then reached and shook it. It was warm and firm.

“Like I was saying Eva, this is my son Chris. He will be taking over the company now, and will be the new CEO/ President of Broken Records.”

Eva smiled and shook Chris’s hand.

“It will be a pleasure to work with you”  

I looked away in annoyance. He was like 19 for Christ’s sake! What would he know about managing a company. Eva and Chris’s dad started walking away to another part of the club leaving me with Chris and with a whole lot of awkward. I turned and sat on one of the stools at the bar. He still stood there just watching me. What a creep

“You know if you take a picture it will last longer” I spat out. I was really in not a good mood.But really when am I ever in a good mood?

He sat on the stool next to me. He ordered a drink from the bar. It was colorful and had one of those cute little umbrellas on it. I watched him sip it down slowly. He smiled as he put his glass back down. He said something to the waiter, the waiter left to the other side to prepare a drink and came back with another blue drink. I was feeling a little bit anxious and sweaty when the drink was placed in front of me. I stared at the drink with wide eyes. I even could tell this had alcohol in it. I looked at Chris to see his reaction which was just a smirk. I kept looking back and forth between the drink and Chris.

“Oh please! , don’t tell me you have never had a drink before?”

I swallowed nervously and looked him straight in the eye. I wasn’t going to let this creep make me look like a baby.

“ I’ve had a drink before” I grabbed the cold blue liquid that was in my hands and lifted it up to my mouth and felt it make contact with my tongue. The taste was strong almost like a weird kind of acid that would go down your throat, but then slowly left a soft minty taste in the back of your mouth. I took another sip casually so It would look like I knew what I was doing. I crossed my legs and smirked.

“Well looks like I was proven wrong, my lady friend.” He chuckled at his own remark.

“Yea you were proven wrong.” I grabbed my drink and took another sip, I was really starting to like this drink. I could feel a little more relaxed and free.

“Sooo,” I made the o’s extra long for more emphasize. “I heard you were the new president of Broken Records, How’d that happen?” I hiccupped the last part. Chris laughed and told the bar tender to bring another blue drink, since I had already finished mine. The bar tender gave Chris a dirty look and handed me the drink.