Crying in the rain - Surprise

Chapter Sixteen

Surprise

I heard the phone ring from downstairs as it woke me up from a deep sleep. I could still feel Noah’s arms wrapped around me. I felt him pull me closer and move a little bit. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What’s so funny?” He asked; his voice full of sleep.

“Nothing, I should go answer that.” I said, prying his arms off from around me. All he could do was pout.

Once I reached the kitchen I picked up the phone and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Good, Emma, hey it’s Becky, my parents and I are going on a last minute vacation and we need someone to watch the house while we are away. You can sleep in my room and my parents will pay you. It will only be tonight and tomorrow night.” She sounded like she was in a hurry. I couldn’t say no, I didn’t like to.

“Yea, I guess I could do that.” She squealed and told me she would send me the directions to her house. I walked up stairs to tell Noah I had to pack and get ready to leave. He wasn’t very happy about it. He stayed and helped me gather my things together and put them in my car.

“Did you ever pick my brother up last night?” I asked, watching him load the car up.

“Lindsey texted me last night and told me she picked him up, you got nothing to worry about.”

We stood by my car for awhile saying goodbye to each other. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a comfortable hug.

“You can call me if you want.” He said, never breaking the hug.

“Why would I do that, who do you think I am?” I asked, joking around. He scoffed and ruffled my hair. I pulled away from him and glared.

“You asked for it.” He said, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him again. I got into my car without further ado and drove off.

Once I got to Becky’s house she was already gone. As I walked in, the cold air hit my bare-arms causing me to shiver. The house smelt like laundry detergent and it was well lit for being so bad outside. It wasn’t as nice as Toby’s but it wasn’t as small as mine. The couches were an off white color and the carpet was red. There were black paintings all around the walls; every room looked the same.

I walked into the room I would be staying in. It was white with a red wall and a black wall. There was a white vanity underneath the window. I put my bag in the small corner and decided to see the rest of the house. The bathroom looked like marble and the sink was really cool, it was like a really big bowl.

By the time it got dark I had ordered some pizza and tried to find something to watch on ‘On Demand’. I was lounging on the couch and flipping through the TV series. One of my favorite shows was on so I clicked watch. I stood up to grab myself some Dr. Pepper.