Chapter 3

The Regrets

Leonard had been working overtime down at the office.He dreaded walking into a empty house that once had been a happy place.So the office felt more "homey" to him.

Even after a few months,she still didn't ask for a divorce.Which was a good thing meaning Leonard could redeem himself.

He had been hooked up on so much work he barely even noticed the time.It had reach 2:27am,with a long sigh Leonard dragged his hands down his face he packed away the remaining work.Packing away anything important.

He got u with a stretch,bags decorated his once bright blue eyes.He was a mess with out her,his sleeping schedule was wack, he hadn't washed the dishes for weeks.

Once he stepped out his office he turned to lock the door. The hall way was covered in blan paintings,some not even making sense.

He started to walk,heading straight for the elevator.but by the time he got there he noticed a sign that read:

NOTICE
The elevator is under construction!
Please use stairs!
-staff

Leonard groaned in annoyance and made his way to the stairs.
Only people who were left in the building is him,cleaners and Debra the desk lady.

As he made his way down the stairs he saw something zoom past him. He ended up near the railing,gripping it to secure him,with a shaky breath he turned to see a note on the floor.

With a confused gaze he picked it up,he started to think how it ended up there with a shake of his head and a sigh he shoved the paper into his pocket,mumbling to himself. He mentally noted to throw away the note or whatever it was when he got home.

he finally reached the end of the stairs when he was greeted with a sigh by Debra

"Evening Mr.Snart " her eyes fighting to stay open,it had been a long day in the office .Many people had came in demanding to talk him,press trying to get a meeting with Leonard.

Ever since the incident happened the press have been trying to get his side of the story,and probably change the story complete.They always did that.With a smile and a nod he made his way to the doors.He paused and turned to face Debra.

"did you...Did you see anyone come in just a minute ago..?" he asked pointing to the stairs.Debra shook he head "no"

"Sorry Mr.Snart,I haven't" she explained,diving into her bag looking for something.She then brought he head up again and asked "why?"

Leonard looked down for a second, debating whether or not to tell her what happened at the stairs earlier. He looked up,putting on a reassuring smile."No reason...have a good night Debra". with that being said he walked straight into the cold of the night.

Millions of thoughts were running in his head.He never got a break.

The cold of the night was harsh,only having his suit as protection from the wind.The walk home wasn't to far,3 blocks to be exact.

By the time he got home it was 3:04am,as soon as he entered the door and locked it,he had taken off his suits jacket.Walking into the kitchen,he started making some coffee.

He sighed,leaning onto the counter rubbing his tired eyes.
He decided against the coffee stopping the machine and headed up stairs.

He head towards the bathroom,he turned on the taps.Getting the water at the right temperature.

He took off his shirt,the felt his pokects to make sure nothing was in them.he felt something in his front pocket.

He remembered he had that paper from earlier. Grabbing it he unfolded it.

Shocked,he dropped the photo.The room had became steamy with steam from the shower.he grabbed the sink trying to regain his breathes.

He needed to find (Y/n).