Chapter 23

I woke up, gasping for breath. I tried to move, but my hands and feet were chained. Looking around, I saw dark walls that had a cavish look to them. There were metal bars connected to the walls.

I gave out a loud sigh. "I'm in the dungeon..." My body filled with anger. "Why the HELL am I in the dungeon!" I shouted, trying to get free of the chains.

As I was pulling and tugging at the chains the cell door creaked open.

"Hello, Sirena." Guy smugly greeted, swinging his foot in front of the other. "You're finally awake."

I started to chuckled very sarcastically. "Oh, Sir Guy, I'm so glad you're here." I made my voice sound southern. "Come quick, unchain me, and then we can make out on the dirty ground."

"Enough jokes." Guy's gritted his teeth.

"Who says I was joking?" I raised my brow and bit my lip.

Guy gripped my jaw, squishing my cheeks together. "If you cooperate... everything will be easier." He threw my face to the side. Guy took a key out of his pocket. "Let's go have some fun." He unlocked the chains and dragged me to another room. Guy then chained me to chains that hung from the wall.

"What? You're gonna torture me, Sir Guy?"

I don't think Guy liked my cocky attitude because he struck me.

"Oh, woah! Gisborne, you're so tuff. Do it again."

To be honest, I did want him do it again. Guy grew strong from the last time I've seen him.

"Enough jokes! Tell me about Robin Hood and I won't have to hurt you." Guy softly explained to me, playing with a ring of my hair.

I looked over to the wall. "Just torture me. I'm not going to say a thing about Robin."

"Sirena, I really don't want to do this." His face was cold.

"If you don't want to do it then don't. Follow your heart..." My voice was soft.

Guy rushed over and roughly gripped my face.

"Are you going to hurt because I'd find that hot..." I said through my fish lips.

"Ooh. You'd like that?" Guy's hands ran up my arms. "What about your little Allan..?"

"He's too sweet to hurt me. My dear Allan would do anything for me. Soon he'll find about you taking me and he'll come save me."

Guy strolled over to the wall that held torture tools. He put a branding pole into the hot coals of a fire. When it was ready, Guy make his way back to me.

"I really am sorry... For leaving you and for this." Guy placed the very hot pole to my arm. "You have to understand that this clearly business. If I had a choice, I wouldn't hurt a little hair on your head."

I screamed as the hot metal burned my skin. "Do you worst! I will never tell you anything!" I spat at him, grinding my teeth together.

"Very well."

Guy branded me again and again and again. Very time, I screamed louder, hoping that someone could hear me. It wasn't long, till Guy got bored of burning me. He put the brander back and stood in front of me.

"Why can't you just tell me what I want to hear and I can set you free..." He asked confused and sadly.

I clenched my hands into fists and tried to attack Guy, but the chains held me back. "Because! I would betraying my family! It was you, wasn't it. You were the one that killed my father. Why?"

Guy looked at his feet as he scoffed. "Prince John wanted me to kill the Sheriff..."

"And you were a good puppy and obeyed, right?"

Guy rushed closer in anger. He was going to hit, but stopped himself. "Prince John, he asked the Sheriff to kill me. I was being a good puppy and surviving."

Surviving my ass!!!

"My father loved you as son! He cared for you!" I yelled at Guy.

Guy back handed me to shut me up. "You father was a horrible man! If you gave him a choice between killing you for three hundred crowns or leaving the job of the Sheriff. He'll always pick the money. You want to know why?" Guy put one hand on the wall behind me and leaned in. "Because he is greedy. He cared about, but himself. Don't be a fool!"

Gisborne cut, hit, punched, burned, and anything else he could think of, he did to me. My screams were loud and full of sorrowful pain. It's been forever and I have not gave anything up about Robin. And I tend to keep that going.

"I have all the time in the world. You will not get food nor water until you break. I'm going to torture you. And if you don't break... Well, then there's no use for you. You'll be executed." Guy explained before leaving the room.

●●●●●

It's been a couple of days and I've had nothing to eat or drink. The jailer has been torturing nonstop for information about Robin Hood, while Guy watched. But my mouth stays shut. I was becoming weak. And are wanting this to stop, but I can't spill.

I was looking at the ground as I heard clinging of footsteps approach. It was difficult to raise my head, but I did it anyways.

"Drink this." Guy said, forcing my to drink water from a cup.

I swallowed the water and looked at him weakly. "Why are you doing this?"

"Believe it or not, but I care you. Torturing you is something I have to do and I don't want to see you die because of my doing..." Guy smoothly answered, giving me another drink. "I got some bread for you, here."

I took a bite of the bread he held to my mouth. "Thank you." I softly told him.

Guy tenderly stroke my face. "I'll let you go to a cell." He unlocked the chains on my feet.

I wanted to do something, but I was too weak to make a move. When Guy unlocked the chains that held me up, I fell to the dirty floor. Guy quickly fell to the ground with me and picked my weak body up.

"Guy." I faintly whispered as my head fell on his shoulder.

"Ssshh. I told Allan about you being here. He'll come get you and take you home. I'm sorry about all this." Guy softly said to me. He laid me down on the hard, dirty ground. Guy covered me with a thin blanket, knelt down, and placed his hand on my face. "I'm sorry it had to be like this." Then he got up and left.

I was so cold and my body hurt. I tried to curl up in a ball, but my body was too sore to do so. For some reason it hurts to see Guy. I can see the sadness in his eyes. I can tell he really doesn't want to hurt. It hurts more because I can see that he still loves me. I'm not sure what do anymore. Guy torturing me makes me hate him, but then I remember the past. I remember him getting down on his knees and begging me to stay with him. Remembering makes old feeling come back. I hate him, but I love him. I shouldn't, but I do. My mind has to stay on Allan. We are going to get married. My heart belongs with Allan.

●●●●

I laid on the ground for awhile. To past the time, I closed my eyes. Suddenly, I was woke up by the jingling of keys and a door creaking. When I opened my eyes, I could see Allan. He had this panic look on his face. When Allan saw me, he rushed over.

"It's okay Sirena. I'm here." He softly said, wrapping his arms over my fragile body. "It's gonna get you out here."

Allan picked me up and quickly out of the of there. I wasn't sure where he took me because I could barely keep my eyes open. Allan put something around me and lowered my body down a hole, where John grabbed me. It was difficult to know what was going on. I remember being laid down in a cart and taken to the forest.