chapter twenty two: mexico

"I should have known, I should have known something was wrong. He's the captain he doesn't just skip games." Liam rambled as I walked ahead of him into the station.

"Liam, this isn't your fault!" I shouted turning to face him as he fell silent, along with everyone else in the station who was now watching us. "Sorry, I'm just scared. Scott's my brother and he's been there for me through it all."

"I know you are." Liam sighed. "God, I'm sorry. I'm being so insensitive, I should be worried about you." 

"Well, let's just get him back so no one has to worry." I said. "At least about Scott."

"What?"

"The full moon, Liam. It's tonight, and Scott's not here. The last time there was a full moon you almost killed him, what are you going to do to me?" I asked.

"Nothing." He answered. "You'll be no where near me."

I scoffed and opened the door to my dads office where he and my brother were talking. Following the noise, my dad turned his head to me before speaking. "You are not going to Mexico!"

"Hello to you to." I said, stepping in and shutting the door.

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico." Stiles argued back.

My dad walked to behind his desk and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this... The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels." My dad said.

"Dad..." Stiles interjected but my dad came back with a booming voice.

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them." I explained.

"I'm going." Stiles said.

"I can keep you from going." My dad said.

"I'd find a way." My brother said.

"I can throw you in a cell." My dad said.

"I'd still find a way." Stiles said.

"I'm going too." I added, standing beside my brother.

My dad looked at the two of us and sighed, "Guys, please. Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" My dad shouted. "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three- four flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?

"Okay." I agreed.

"Okay, great. Do I get a gun?" My brother asked and I nearly choked.

My dad distorted his face into a 'what the holy hell did you just ask me?' expression and answered, "No." before leaving the office.

"Listen, I have to head out, if my mom goes in my room and sees I'm not peacefully sleeping. I'm a dead man." Liam smiled, kissing my cheek before walking out. 

As soon as the door closed I turned to my brother.

"What?" He asked.

"What's the real plan?" I asked, quirking my eyebrow.

"I'm so proud," Stiles gushed, placing his hand over his heart. "Alright.."

~

"Here, try that." I said, tossing Malia a sweatshirt from Scott's closet.