Chapter Three: I Must Be Dreaming

"Luffy?!" I gasped. What was he doing here?

"Huh? Have we met before?" He asked, his head cocked in confusion. I pinched my shoulder. I felt dizzy. Maybe blood loss, shock, and major confusion makes you pass out? My vision went blurry and I passed out.

When I awoke, I wasn't really in reality. It was nothingness. Just blank white surrounding me.

"Simba." A deep voice spoke. I jumped and looked around. I was still alone.

"Simba?" I called out.

"Oh, sorry, I just got this deep voice modifier and Lion King came to mind. Anyway, you can call me Street. I'm your link, or what you might call a 'sub-conious.'" Street told me.

"No, I'm-I'm going insane. None of this is real. I must still be asleep and missing my One Piece marathon." I thought aloud.

"Relax, Boulevard, you're not going crazy. You're just discovering your power." Street soothed.

"My power? What power?" I asked.

"You are able to see up to 60 minutes into the future. When you thought you were going to die, your powers kicked in and showed you how to escape. Now that your powers are activated, It's time to tell you about Luther's Insitution Of Naturals, Or LION for short. That's what you are. A 'natural.'"

"A natural?" I mumbled. All of this had to be fake.

"Hey! It's not fake!" Street said defensivily.

"What? How'd you know I thought that? What the hell is going on?"

"I'm your link, remember? I am part of your mind. Now, as you may have guessed, you have been brought to the world of One Piece. This is the first trial of LION. You must guide Luffy and his crew to their destiny to complete this trial. By using your power, you can lead away from the wrong path and onto the right one." Street instructed me.

"B-but, how do I use my power?" I asked.

"Close your eyes." Street said smoothly.

"What? Wh--" I was confused.

"Close your eyes." He presisted. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Good. Now think about where you want to be in ten minutes. Your power will flare and you'll see where you'll actually be. As you noticed earlier, you'll get vibes from your visions. They'll tell you if you want to prevent that future or help achieve it." I thought hard. I want to be at home, in my bed. I want to--. Suddenly I was overcome with a vision, of the future, I guess. I was sitting on a bed, my eyes wide. I got jittery and warm while watching this vision. Just as suddenly as the vision came over me, I was back with Street.

"Holy crap. I can see the future." I exclaimed. "I saw the future!"

"I know, I'm a part of your consciousness! But you got good vibes of that vision, so you should try to make it happen!" Street explained.

"How?" I wondered.

"Wake up." As Street spoke, my eyelids grew heavy and I once again passed out. I seem to be doing a lot of that.

This time when I opened my eyes, I was on a bed. In a ship. In One Piece! And since I passed out with Luffy, I must be on the Going Merry! Which means, THE STRAWHAT PIRATES ARE ON THIS SHIP! I sat up quickly, wide eyed, bushy-tailed, and smiling like a clown. Hey, wait a minute, like I predicted! Street was--

Thinking about me?
What the hell?
Oh my gosh, for the last time: I AM PART OF YOUR MIND! WHICH MEANS YOU CAN TALK TO ME ANYTIME!
No need to be a jerk.

I was interupted from my mind-conversation with Street when the door was pushed open. Luffy strut into the room I was in.

"Luffy!" I exclaimed, then slapped a hand over my mouth. He turned towards the doorway and grinned.

"See? She knows who I am, but I've never met her!" He spoke as Nami walked in.

"Nami!" I grinned. I mentally slapped myself.

Way to play it cool. But seriously-- Shut it, Street.

"How do you know us?" Nami asked suspiciously.

"You're famous?" I offered and Luffy grinned. I was digging myself into a deep hole here.

"Luffy may be, but that doesn't explain how you know Nami." Zoro said as he entered.

"Oh my god. You're Zoro! I mean, no you're not. Well, you are, but I don't know that. I mean, Ah! Pirates! Someone help me! Wait, I don't know you're pirates! Crap. Who are you? Because I don't know! Not at all! "

Boulevard, you should really--

"Shut it, Street! Crap. I said that aloud. This is your fault, Street! DANG IT, BOULEVARD! STOP SAYING THINGS ALOUD!"

My God, you're hopeless. Just shut up. Good plan.

I shut my mouth and stared at the three pirates before me. Luffy laughed.

"You're funny!" Zoro and Nami face-palmed at their captain's stupidity, but I used it to my advantage.

"Yeah! See, he got me! I don't actually know who you guys are! Because I'm absolutely hilarious! But you see, I gotta go now! Bye!" I leaped off the bed and tried to weave pass them, but Luffy stretched his arm and caught me around the waist. I was slingshoted over to him and we crashed into the table behind me. As I lay underneath under the crushed table, a strange feeling came over me. It felt like when you get pins and needles in your foot, but it was all over my body. Very uncomfortable.

"Street, what is this?" I mumbled outloud.

Oh, That means you're gonna get a vision! So I would get out of there before anyone sees you have the vision. If they see you have a vision, you'd have to explain things and that would lead to questions you don't want to answer. That seemed logical, but I was stuck in the room until the pirates let me go. I thought hard. Oh, wait I should probably get this table off me first. I pushed it, but it didn't budge.

"Dang, what do you put in table these days? Rocks?" I said to no one in particular. "Get it off me!" I heard Luffy laughing.

"That table is as light as a, um, a... a feather! Light as a feather!" He chuckled and I frowned. Zoro stepped forward, sighing, and lifted the table and I jumped up. Zoro was holding a table, Luffy was in a corner. laughing, and Nami was standing wide-eyed in the doorway. I took this chance and sprinted towards the door.

"Sorry!" I called as I pushed Nami to the side and leaped out the door. They were docked at an island.

"Oi!" I heard Zoro call after me. Without time to think, I rushed to the crow's nest and climbed up. I crouched down and hid.

Set fire to their sails! Burn them!

"I don't have matches! Also, rude." I scolded Street. I had a major headache, I was hiding in a crow's nest that should be fictional, and I still hadn't gotten anything to eat.

We can't all be saints. I ignored Street and tried to work through all the fog in my brain. If I could just figure out a way to get off this ship.

Jump, swim!

I blinked at the obvious suggestion from Street and could not figure out why I didn't do that in the first place.
I peeked over the edge of the crows nest. The familiar faces of the Straw Hats met my gaze and I quickly ducked back down. I studied the sails around me, wondering if I could use them to somehow maneuver my way into the sea.

Oh my god, just climb out on one of the beams and jump from there. Why do I have to do all the work?

I must've seriously messed myself up in the head. Why did I not think of that? Without a second thought, I stood and began pulling myself on the the narrow beam. The shouts from below nearly made me lose my balance, but I tuned them out and continued inching out from the crow's nest. I reached the end and looking into the twisting abyss that is the ocean.

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about this plan." I said to Street and part to my self.

They're climbing up the ladder.

With a loud shriek, I leaped off the ship and into the cold ocean.