Home

Yay another chapter! :D :D :D :D Hope you like it.

~Elyana xx

I wasted no time in getting into the action. I kicked one of the guards in the face, knocking him to the ground. He drew out his sword as quickly as he could and stumbled to his feet, fear pooling in his eyes. Using my vampire speed, I was behind him in a second, jumping onto his back and pulling out my pocket knife. I slit his throat easily and leaped off of him as he fell to the ground, making awful gurgling sounds.

I glanced at Kaladin, who was dealing with the two other guards. He shot a fire ball at one of the guards but the guard was too fast and moved aside before it hit him. Kaladin's other hand was outstretched, pinning the other guard against a tree with an invisible force. The guard that had dodged the fire ball was suddenly throwing Kaladin to the ground with great strength. The hand he was using to keep the other guard against the tree was now trying to pry the guard off of him.

I bolted over to the guard that wasn't against the tree and kicked him hard in the stomach, sending him flying.

"I'll get this guard, you get the other!" I shouted to Kaladin, who nodded his head in response.

I extended my fangs, getting ready to sink my teeth into the guards neck.

"P-please, spare me!" The guard spluttered pitifully.

"And why should I do that?" I asked, cocking my head to the side mockingly.

"I'll tell Queen Arisa that your trail led outside of the clan boundaries and into the unknown," His eyes were wide and pleading, sweat glistening on his forehead.

The unknown was the world beyond MoonClan, FangClan, and SunClan. Only one person had ever dared venture outside the clan boundaries, and it was to search for food when SunClan had run out and were starving. That was years ago, when I was just a baby. My father told me that the man had never come back. There were tales of horrible monsters out there- even more horrible than I. I could hardly believe that, though. Others told that there were demon hunters waiting for us to come out so they could kill us and drag us into Hell. No one actually knew what was outside of the boundaries and no one wanted to know. The truth could be utterly horrifying.

"I can't trust you," I hissed and buried my fangs into his neck, relishing in the taste of his warm blood.

I hadn't had blood in my life but it came like an instinct to me to keep drinking him until he was drained. Vampire blood mixed with werewolf blood was a powerful source. If you drank enough of it, you would become very, very powerful for a few hours. After it was out of your system, though, you would be exhausted. Kind of like coming down from a sugar high.

I pulled away from the guard, wiping his blood from my mouth with the back of my hand. He was pale and his eyes were still wide open in fear, glazed over with death. The wound in his neck was bloody and still dripping, splattering the leaves on the forest floor with bright red blood.

I climbed off of him, looking over to Kaladin who was finishing up with the other guard. He gripped the guard's arms, and sparks started dancing over Kaladin's fingers. They grew bigger in size and suddenly were all over the guard, electrifying him. He fell to the floor, twitching violently before becoming motionless.

"Nice job, Vampy," Kaldadin gave me a smirk as he walked over to me.

"I'm not fully a vampire," I reminded him.

"Oh, right," He looked deep in thought. "How about Vampy-Wolfy?"

"You're horrible at nicknames," I rolled my eyes, fighting back a smile.

"I bet you're no better!" Kaladin snapped playfully.

I sighed at his childish ways, still trying to keep back my growing smile. "Never mind that," I said as I started walking away from the three dead guards. "We need to get to MoonClan."

"They won't let me in." Kaladin pointed out, jogging to catch up to me.

"I guess I'll just have to sneak you in," I gave him a grin.

Kaladin chuckled and stayed silent the rest of the way to the MoonClan camp.

~ ~ ~

After a few hours of endless walking, we finally made it to my home. Everything was as it was when I left. Two guards by the entrance gate. Cozy huts lined up next to each other. A fire in the middle of the camp with old logs surrounding it. A trail leading up to the large house of The Priestess.

I knew I had only been gone for not even a day, but I missed my home dearly and tears were starting to spill down my cheeks.

"Are you crying?" Kaladin asked, astonished.

"Yes," I snapped irritably, frantically wiping my tears away.

Kaladin shook his head. "Women."

"Come on, I want to go home," I walked over to the two guards, giving them a smile. "Hello, may we come in?"

"State your name and business." A guard by the name of Thrayse said.

"Lana Dehondt; I am here to speak with the Priestess." I explained.

"Lana?" The other guard almost choked. "I thought you were dead!"

I turned to him, a huge smile plastered on my face. "Dain!" I rushed over to him, giving him a tight hug, which he returned.

"What happened to you? The Priestess said you were dead!" He gasped out.

"I know, I know," I couldn't stop smiling. It was good to be talking to one of my friends again. "I have a lot of explaining to do, but I can't do it here."

"Thrayse, let her in," Dain instructed the other guard.

Thrayse was hesitant. "What about him? He's human." He nodded toward Kaladin.

"Is he a friend of yours, Lana?" Dain asked.

"Yes," I nodded. "He's of no threat."

Kaladin gave Dain a smile. "Hello there, I'm Kaladin." He introduced himself politely.

Dain didn't answer, instead gave Kaladin a skeptical look. "You have a Mage Stone in your possession," he stated.

"I do, as a matter of fact," Kaladin pointed to the glowing purple jewel.

"Don't worry, Dain, he won't use it to harm any of our people here, I promise," I reassured him, giving an apologizing look to Kaladin.

"Alright, I'll let you in," Dain grumbled, but opened the gates none the less.

"You'll love it here," I whispered to Kaladin, who smiled slightly in response.