New Addition

Hey everyone! Sorry for the longish wait. I've been busy with school, as I've said before. Anyway, I kind of need a good cover for my story, so feel free to make one for me! :D

~Elyana xx

I ran. And ran. The trees were a blur as I flew through the forest, my feet barely touching the ground. I didn't know where I was going, just that I needed to get as far away from FangClan as possible. Being near the awful place made me feel trapped and that was one of my biggest fears. Being trapped with absolutely no way out.

Suddenly, I was being yanked into the air. I let out a startled gasp, instantly struggling to get loose of whatever was holding me.

Calm, I told myself, taking a deep breath to clear my head so I could evaluate the situation.

My father always told me I had a way of getting out of anything and getting whatever I wanted, even when it seemed impossible. He always said I would be the man of the house, not my husband. I didn't know of that was a good or bad thing. A part of me craved the stares men would give me as I strolled along the paths of my village. It made me feel beautiful. Another part of me was disgusted at that, wanting to show everyone I wasn't a dainty damsel in distress.

I sighed, pushing those thoughts to the back of my head. Right now, I had to focus on the task at hand.

I finally noticed I was hanging upside down, and one of my feet were tied tightly by a rope. I must have accidently stepped into a deer trap while in my frantic state of trying to get away from the FangC lan mansion.

With great effort, I grabbed the rope around my foot and pulled at it, seeing how tight it was. As soon as my hand touched the rope, though, I recoiled. It was oddly hot. I touched it again, gingerly this time. Tiny sparks erupted from where my fingers had touched and my brow scrunched in confusion. I let myself fall back down to the position I had been in before, deciding to wait this out, because I knew I wouldn't be able to get out of this one, for once.

The only other species that could summon magic were humans that had obtained a Mage Stone. A Mage Stone was a very rare find and that contained powerful magic the beholder could use. Humans were the only species allowed to use it for some unknown reason and everyone feared them. The only downside to this was that once you touched the Mage Stone, you could not be ten feet away from it. If you were to drift away from your stone, the power would be sucked out of you, causing your soul to go with it. Most humans wouldn't dare touch the stone, in fear of it getting ripped away from them and them dying.

~~~

After a few hours of waiting, I finally heard the crunch of leaves as someone cautiously drew closer to me, probably trying not to scare whatever they thought they caught.

A few more moments later and I heard, "Well, this is a surprise." It was a male voice, light and not in the least sounding threatening.

"Yes, it is," I said impatiently. "Now, could you please get me down from here?" I snapped.

"Alright, alright," The man chuckled at my frustration and suddenly I was falling to the ground, the man not even having to come near me to get me down.

I hit the ground with a thud and quickly stood, brushing the leaves and dirt from my clothes. I glared at the man, taking in his features before I responded. He had shaggy brown hair that fell around his face in a messy way and striking green eyes. He was slightly tanned and was well built. Something glowing on his neck caught my eye and I realized he was wearing a small golden chain that held a slightly glowing, purple jewel. His Mage Stone.

"Are you done staring yet?" He smirked, leaning against a tree.

Definitely the arrogant type. "I was simply observing," I narrowed my eyes in annoyance. "Don't get too excited."

"May I at least have the pleasure of getting your name, fair maiden?" He asked, bowing to me jokingly.

"Lana," I almost growled, fed up with him already. "If you would excuse me, I have to get back home." I was starting to walk away.

"Wait!" He called, jogging to catch up to me. "Aren't there FangClan guards looking for you or something?"

"Yes," I nodded, picking up speed. "And this concerns you, why?"

"What is so wrong about wanting to help a beautiful lady like yourself?" He asked innocently, in such a way that made me want to punch him.

"Stop with the pleasantries," I almost begged him. "Its making me sick."

"Fine," He sighed.

For a moment, everything was silent. We were walking through the forest in complete quiet. I ignored him completely, pretending he wasn't there. That made the silence much more peaceful and I actually enjoyed this one little moment. A moment of peace.

And then, "By the way, you can call me Kaladin."

"Kaladin," I tested the name on my tongue. "Interesting name."

"That's all you'll give me? 'Interesting name'? Not 'Oh Kaladin, a handsome name for a handsome man'?" The last part he said in a high-pitched tone, trying to mimic me.

"Are you going to be like this every minute you're with me?" I asked, trying not to roll my eyes.

Kaladin suddenly became silent, and I thanked the Gods. Finally, some more peace. I wouldn't say he was unbearable; I could probably use his humor along this journey, and he could help me defeat the FangClan guards if we ever came in contact with them.

We trekked through the forest, not saying a word to one another. Frogs croaked and I could hear a small animal in the distance scuffling along the ground. The moon was high in the sky and the stars were bright. Tonight was beautiful and I was sad that I got to enjoy it by running from wretched guards.

Usually, in MoonClan, I would be talking with my father and my friends, laughing about stupid things. Those thoughts made my heart ache and I shoved them aside. I had to be alert, and I couldn't be alert by thinking of my past life. Things would probably never be normal for me again.

"Get down!" I suddenly heard Kaladin whisper.

I obeyed, immediately throwing myself to the ground and crawling over to a nearby bush, taking cover. Kaladin was beside me in a minute and I peeked over the bush quickly, snapping my head back down when I knew who we were hiding from.

None other than the FangClan guards.

I groaned internally, wishing they would just leave me alone. Why did they need me so bad, anyway? I was just another vampire-werewolf out of hundreds, so why did they insist on sending a search party after me?

"Lana Dehondt, please come out or we will be forced to make you," I heard a gruff voice shout, his voice echoing in the quiet forest.

I looked at Kaladin. "Are you going to help me deal with these pests?" I asked him, smirking.

He cracked his knuckles, sending me back a mischevious smile. "I've been waiting for this moment."

And with that, I revealed myself to the guards, Kaladin standing behind me, fire igniting his hands.