They're Coming

Today was a day off from training. Everyone decided to sleep in, except for me. Well now, you might be wondering, who the hell wants to wake up when you're given the chance to sleep in?

I would've loved to sleep in but I have more important stuff I have to deal with. Like bombarding Josh with questions. 

I tried to pry Austin's arm from around my waist but with no such luck. I grabbed my pillow and wedged it between us. I wiggled out of his arms and walked into the bathroom to get ready.

Ten minutes later, I walked out to see Austin still sleeping so I grabbed some clothes from the closet, got dressed, and tiptoed out of the room. 

I walked to Josh's room and without knocking, barged in. 

That lazy ass. He's still snoring away while hugging his pillow. 

I tugged the pillow away from his grip. Well, more like tried. When I got it a few centimeters away from him, he would snatch it back in his grip. 

I sighed, this guy. With a more forceful tug, I yanked it away from him and smacked him on the head with it. 

He groaned and slowly blinked open his eyes. I swear a turtle is more faster than him. 

"Sky?" He groaned.

"Shoot."

"Let me get ready first." With that, he grabbed some clothes from his closet and went into the restroom. 

A few minutes later, he walked out all dressed with water dripping from his hair. 

He sat down on the bed in front of me and asked, "What do you want to know?"

"Where's mom and dad?" 

He looked down, "They were murdered.I don't know by who but there were claw marks on their body and their throat was torn out. When they weren't around after I woke up I went looking for them. I followed the scent of blood and came upon their dead bodies."

I looked down and took a deep breath to process this information. 

"How did mom and dad look like?" 

He smiled, "You look just like dad, while I look like mom but instead her eyes were dark brown." 

"How am I a fox and you're a wolf? And the dragons? It doesn't make sense," I said shaking my head.

"I'm not really sure to be honest. I'm guessing either mom or dad is a fox and the other one is a wolf. Your fox genes are more dominant while my wolf genes are more dominant. As for the dragon part, I researched that descendants of dragons can shift but sometimes they can skip a generation but they still have dormant dragon genes." 

I groaned, this is fucked up. 

I heard Josh sighed. 

"Sky, I'm sorry. I should've looked harder for you after I joined the pack. But the trackers couldn't find you. They followed your scent, which was mixed with a human all the way to the village. I just lost hope that I would never find you again. But the day I saw you in the cell, you looked familiar, but I didn't really know if it was actually you." 

I looked at him. His eyes were filled with tears as he looked at the floor, not meeting my eyes. 

My own eyes watered, all this time I had a brother I never knew of. I was never alone. 

I scooted closer to him, and wrapped my arms around him. He was shocked by my action, until a few minutes later he wrapped his own arms around me.