Chapter 12

Here's another chapter, hope you like it.

Dedicated to KathyC19

"Oh...shit!"

I slammed the alarm off as I hurried out of bed to get ready for school. I had never been so happy to get out of bed and start the day already. There was something different, there was a reason and it was Kent. I couldn't wait to see him and hear him say the silly stuff he says sometimes.

After having my bath, I stood still in front of the mirror looking at myself, I thought of Kent and what he said to me about not being his kind of girl. It made me angry but I just couldn't find myself getting so mad at him for long. I really liked that boy.

But today, I was going to show him that I could also be his type of girl. I could be the girl without an ugly cardigan and stupid glasses. I was going to prove to him that I could be more than what he saw.

I brought out almost every cloth in my closet and tried out each one of them on but I just couldn't find the perfect one.

Today had to be different but it was hard to decide on what to wear. Everything I had in my wardrobe were mostly sweaters and short dresses that my mom bought for me.

After so much contemplation, I finally decided to pick a yellow gown and put it on. I had had the gown and few others for as long as I could remember but it never crossed my mind to wear it becauseI get really shy in short dresses.

I opened the small makeup purse which had been lying uselessly on my dresser and brought out the few makeup I had in the purse. It was one of the many gifts Kim gave me for my last birthday and I had not bothered to use it because I was never interested.

I applied a light makeup to match my outfit, even though it took me forever to finish up. Damn! How do people get to do this thing every single day? I thought applying makeup was easy whenever I watch the videos, the YouTube tutorials made it look like it was the simplest of all things on earth.

After I was done, I stood up to check out the whole of myself in the full length mirror that I had. I blushed at the mirror immediately I saw myself, I loved how I looked but I still felt there was something missing as I let down my hair and gently combed it.

While still checking myself out, I heard a knock on on the door and my eyes darted to the direction of the door.

"Come out rabbit, how come you're not out yet?" Max asked behind the closed door.

I looked at the clock on the wall of my room and I gasped, knowing that I was already late for school. I had been carried away while trying to choose what to wear to school and doing my makeup and I completely forgot that I was going to school.

"I'm coming! Just a moment..." I yelled as I heard Max's footsteps retreated from the door.

Maybe if I had known to be classy would take so much time, I wouldn't have tried after all. But I actually liked how things turned out, I loved how I felt after looking at myself in the mirror.

I opened the upper drawer attached to my dresser and I brought out a small case. I opened the case, brought out the contact lenses in the case and gently fix them in her eyes. I had had them for quite sometime now but I never felt the need to use the contact lenses, I just felt so comfortable in my big glasses.

I remembered what Kent said about my glasses and I quietly cussed him. That annoying *sshole.

I took a deep breath before grabbing my backpack and scurried out of the room. I went straight to the dining and when everyone saw me, their eyes went wild in bewilderment. It felt like I was going to be getting that look for the rest of the day.