Chapter 1

"Good morning, Jeniffern!" said Baron and Baroness Fletcher to their adopted daughter when she walked into the dining room to eat her breakfast. They were already seated and she took her sat down and nibbled on her toast with grape jam. "I told you mum, call me Ifer." Jeniffern hated her name and did not want to be called Jen or Fern, so she went by Ifer. Sure she was mocked for it, I mean what kind of nobility goes by Ifer? The kind that is nobility because they can do what they want because they are, in fact, nobility.

"Okay 'Ifer' we have some news for you when you get done with your horse riding lessons. It's a big surprise, so let's hurry." Ifer, being excited about the surprise, did rather poorly during her lesson and nearly fell off the horse entirely. Once the lesson was over, she went straight to see her father in the library and waited eagerly for him to tell her the news. "Well how was your lesson, Jeniffern?" He asked when she sat on the chair across from his own. He barely looked up from his paper, then put his attention back on the article about various boring things in England.

"Fine, Father, and how has your day been so far?"

"Very well, thank you." said her father. Then he sat there silently and pretended to read the paper as she tried to not squirm in the chair. "Oh come on, you have to tell me!" She finally exclaimed. Her father laughed and put the paper back on the lamp table. "We're going to America!" Ifer stared at him for a moment with her mouth slightly open. "Where in America?" she finally was able to sputter out. "Florida, at a very nice hotel by the beach. Everything is ready and we're taking a plane there tomorrow, so go back your bags up."

"Thank you so much!" she called as she ran out of the library and upstairs to her room. She had always wanted to go to Florida and couldn't wait until the next day.

Ifer was a beautiful girl with long curly red hair and rich violet eyes. A few freckles dotted her nose and shoulders, and she loved the color green so Ifer wore a emerald necklace almost every day. People admired her for her sweet personality and because of how bright she was. She was outgoing and helpful as well, making her pretty much sickeningly perfect, but she was clueless about her parents. She loved her parents but wanted to know who her real parents were and what they were like. Everyone refused to say anything about it, so they left her completely in the dark. She once tried to do so genealogy to find out, but found absolutely nothing, not even her birth certificate. It was also strange that whenever she got mad, some fire would break out not far from her home. Being a very superstitious person, she believed that it was a nasty little curse she had, so she did her best not to get mad about anything. Luckily, Ifer had an extremely long fuse. As for her parents, they looked like Barbie and Ken dolls. They adopted Ifer when she was only a tiny infant. She always had a birth mark that looked like a snake that ran all the way down her arm, and another birthmark that looked like three U's side by side. She did her best to cover them up with sleeves and makeup, because even if she was nobility, she still had to go to private school...

"Great. It's them." Derrk muttered angrily under his breath. There was this one group of girls that really got under his skin, and there they were, walking through the door. He quickly looked back down at his book, and hoped that they wouldn't see him. Derrkiem, Derrk for short, was a ladies man and he absolutely did not mean to be. He didn't like girls being all over him while they try to get his attention, and he especially hated when they arrived at his house wearing nothing but their bathing suits. Just because they were in Florida and lived next to the beach, it did not mean that girls had to wear their bathing suits everywhere.

He met these girls because his grandparents owned a high class hotel and they would all come in from the beach to get glasses of water (because his grandma always offered free water bottles to people because she was just that nice) and he would pass help work the front desk in the summer, and summer it was. Now, it's not that he didn't like the occasional hot chick coming in and noticing him, he had actually gotten several girlfriends out of the job, but he didn't like flirts or girls who wanted nothing but you know what. His grandma raised him better than that, and if he was going to like a girl, he wasn't going to like her for her body or because she was all over him. He was going to like her because she respected herself and didn't try to be the center of attention.