Chapter 61- Just one

Joe's POV
Hazel has been recovering for the past few days. Every now and again she says she feels dizzy so I've been staying with her and following her around like a puppy just in case. She seems to be much better since she's been eating three meals a day. She didn't really have much choice with me and her parents forcing her.
Tonight her parents are leaving to stay in Spain for a few weeks, we were meant to leave yesterday but because of her recent injury I decided it's better for us to stay a little longer...
" Now, Joe, you make sure Hazel is eating every meal of the day and has plenty of snacks. Please feel free to help yourselves to anything in the fridge and cupboards" Hazel's dad patted my back as the words left his mouth.
"Of course I will and thank you"
"Thank you for all your help, Joe" Hazel's mum smiled warmly at me so I smiled back.
"Okay well enough of the goodbyes or you'll be late" Hazel hurried them out the door, pushing their suitcases out the door.
"Oh yes of course, goodbye honey"
"Yes, goodbye Hazel" both her parents gave her hugs and kisses before they got into their honking taxi.
Hazel slammed the door shut and sighed as she made her way into the kitchen.
" you okay, babe?" I asked and wrapped my arms around her waist and placed my head over her shoulder. I kissed her cheek while I waited for her response.
"Yeah, I don't know I just feel down for no reason..." She mumbled and quickly walked away from me to grab a glass from the cupboard. She filled up the glass with water and took long sips of the cold liquid. I had no response so I just walked up to the fridge and grabbed a beer. I opened the can's opener with ease and took a long sip of the strong smelling beverage. Hazel's eyes darted up to me then the beer and she quickly looked back down. She left the glass on the counter top and walked into the living room. I raised an eyebrow but followed her, beer in hand. "What's wrong, Hazel? You seem... uncomfortable?" I asked and placed a hand on her shoulder. But she quickly jerked her shoulder forwards in rejection.
"Don't touch me when you have that...thing- in your hand." She coldly replied and turned to face me. She glared down at the alcohol in my hand and I laughed.
"Really Haze? It's just one beer. It won't kill me" I smiled goofily at her scowling face. She merely scoffed at me and walked away.
"No it won't kill you but it makes you do regrettable things" she snapped. It was at this point I started to get annoyed. What's the worst that could happen? I wasn't gonna get drunk off one beer.
"Oh please - let me guess - you got drunk then you had a hangover the next day and you puked up so you regretted it for the rest of your life?"
"You wouldn't understand if I told you..." The tone of her voice was suddenly quiet and sad.
"Hazel..." I knew I messed up and I needed to fix it. I tried talking to her but everything happened so fast. One minute we were arguing in the living room the next she was storming out the house with her car keys and purse.
"Fuck fuck fuck. What if she's not recovered she can't drive properly...right? Can she even fucking drive?!" I thought to myself out loud. I felt frozen. I didn't know what to do. After all this is my fault and i made her this way. I made her sad. I don't even know why she's upset because all I did was laugh. It's all because I wouldn't give up my one beer...