Brewing Jealousy

Once upon a time there was a not-so-beautiful princess named Vienna who married a not-so-ugly prince called Guy. Vienna was ugly, indeed. So ugly, in fact, that people began to wonder what could have possessed such a handsome guy like Guy to marry her.

"I don't understand! Why would Guy marry such a troll when he could have his pick of all the beautiful girls in the kingdom?" asked a beautiful peasant girl

"Aye! Why should Vienna get to marry prince Guy? Aren't I far more beautiful than she?" asked another, haughtily.

And so it went back and forth, the beautiful women (and even some of the beautiful men) went on about the injustices of it all, until their protesting got so out of hand that they became an angry mob. And that envy of theirs grew into pure jealousy, which quickly morphed into hate. And their hatred began to bubble over, until it had no choice but to burn the center of it.

They began to plot and scheme ways to get rid of the retchid  princess. Finally, they decided on a plan: they would march right up to the castle doors and take Vienna right out of her bed and whisk her off to the edge of the kingdom and torture her until she begged to die. 

But alas, evil never prospers. They marched up to the castle doors, only to be greeted by an all too aware Prince Guy. Little did they know that there was a narc amongst their ranks. A narc whose strongest quality was her patriotism, if not her honesty.

"Over my dead body," he told them, "Will you take my Vienna from me! I could have you all arrested for treason! Now off with you now before I inform the King of what you had planned!"

They cried out in protest, but scurried away nonetheless, because even though there were more of them than him, no one dared cross the mighty prince Guy.