Chapter 3

"Where are you going?" I said. My tears poured down my face. My eyes were red and puffed from all the crying I had done. His eyes that stared me intently looked longingly sad. 

"Don't cry. It's not goodbye. We will see again and I promise you I will taking care of you someday." He said. His green eyes sparkled with hope and promises in spite of tears that being held. 

"You promise?"  I gleaned of hope.

"Yes mya. I promise you" He smiled, kissing on my knuckles. I felt complete.

"If you ever forget to find me in the future or you lose your way to find me, then make sure you let know somehow or leave trails for me to find you or I will haunt you and your family the rest of your life" I said.

We laughed, he gripped my hand into his. Then suddenly he vanished into thin air in the blink of eyes and leave only darkness surrounded me.

"AYA!" Loud banged on my door woke me up from deep slumber. I groaned and got up from my comfy bed. I stood near my bed, remembering the dream I just had. Those taunting green eyes. Where have I seen them before?

I met this one guy when I was four. I don't remembered him that much, just the fact that he always chased after me wherever I went to before he moved away. After that, we moved to Malaysia and I had forgotten those memories since then, until this morning when I had that dream. Why now? I dismissed that thought right away. It was just a childhood silly and naive promises, one of many past memories. I walked to my door and held the door knob.

"AYA! Get up or we will be damn late on our promise time to meet..." Cassie stood dumbfounded while jerked her hand before knocked right into my face when I opened my door.

"Yeah Yeah..I heard you the first time. Now run along. We don't have time to waste" I closed my door and walked into my bathroom.

We sat near the window far from the crowded tables in our promised place of meeting and waited patienly for Daniel to arrive. I insisted to meet him because of his sudden call yesterday about him moving away and news of unheard before marriage. He was certainly a man full of suprises.

"Danny, here!" Cassie sudden call killed my thoughts. I turned to see Daniel. He was quite charming today with his unusual casual attire, different from what he used to be in daily. He had his usual long haircuts with long, textured and disheveled hair, his bangs reach down, shaded his eyes which distract people from looking deep into his eyes. His long beards were trimmed short and tidied. His thick rimmed glasses was gone. He wore a long sleeve blouse with straight leg jeans. Definitely different from his usual baggy t-shirt and loose pants. But, for what? Did he want to impressed us?

He took the seat opposite us.

"So, spit it out. I don't have time" He said harshly with face that looked somewhat irritated. His words shocked me. He never that disagreeable person before. 

"Dan, why are you mad? Is something happened back at your howtown?" I tried to compromise his sudden foul mood. His face hardened and turned confused a second after.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Really sorry." He reddened guiltily as he spoke. That was new. He never showed too many expressions before. He used to be unfazed by distractions. I smiled but rather my smile not reach my eyes, pretend it didn't affect me in a way when it actually does. I tried to heighten the frozen mood. Cassie's eyes blinked many times. She turned her face to me and mouthed 'Who is this guy'. I just shrugged.

"So..." I started the conversations again.

"What's with all the commotions about you wanting to drop your studies and marry off someone you don't know? Is it true? Come on, talk to us. We are friends, right?" He was taken aback by my question.