Chapter Three

“3..2..1” the Clacton sounded as the firework show commenced. Music blared out from the floating speakers that surrounded the band stand. A ginger haired boy was the DJ within the glass bandstand. A hoard of witches and warlocks were cluttered around the stand, which stood on the top of the hill. Dancing to our favourite songs was lightening the black rain cloud that had placed itself over my head for the past few months. 

“Bailee!” Alex yelled over the music, at a dark haired girl who was making her way through the crowd towards us.

“Alex!” she yelled back giving Alex a hug. She was dressed in a bright blue dress that only just reached an inch from her knees. Her beauty made me feel inadequate. I wish my eyes were as an intense blue as hers. 

“You must be Elle,” She greeted with a perfect smile. “I’ve heard so much about you. I’m Bailee,” She continued to smile and held out her hand. I was memorised for a couple of seconds before I realised she wanted me to shake it.

“Sorry Hi, you are seriously beautiful,” I admired shaking her hand. She blushed which made her cheeks a rosy colour which lit up her face.

“Thanks, so are you and I love your dress. I like the red bows,” She smiled pointing at the dark blue dress I was wearing. It was one of my favourite dresses. I too loved the three red bow detail down the chest of it. 

“Thanks,” I replied.

“Shall we go get a drink,” Alex intervened. Agreeing with her we followed her out of the crowd and to the make shift bar.

“Hey Damien,” I greeted the overly dressed barman whose suit made him look like he was going to a prom.

“What’s with the get up?” Alex asked taking a drink from him.

“It’s to impress the ladies,” He smiled wriggling his eyebrows in a weird manner. I never knew eyebrows could move like that. It looked as if they were detached from his face.

“It’s really working,” Bailee smiled sweetly taking a drink from the table.

Taking a drink from the table I walked over to where Josh was sitting with a group of girls. I suppose he had worked on his moves, as these girls look like they were smitten with him.

Good on him, it was about time he got over what happened with Megan.  The mention of her name in my thoughts made the fury boil up in my blood. I still hadn’t had the opportunity to kick that girl’s ass. Since she had been turned into a vampire, she had been a pain in my arse. Speaking of vampires I hadn’t seen one or a demon in the past couple of days, which was odd.

“Yo! Elle come and sit with us,” Harry called as we reached him and Josh and six girls who I didn’t know the names of. 

“Hey Harry. I haven’t seen you in a while. How are you?” I asked sitting down on the grass next to him.

“I’ve been good thanks,” He replied.

Alex and Bailee sat down next to me and began to chat away about something that I wasn’t involved in. I sat feeling awkward for a while before Josh stood up and moved Harry out the way to sit next to me. Putting his arm around me, he made me feel a little more uncomfortable. Why did he have to do things like that. Other people would see it as a friendly gesture but I knew otherwise. Stopping her conversation to roll her eyes at Josh, Alex mouthed sorry to me and then turned back to talking with Bailee.

“You ok Josh,” I smiled, shifting my position so that his arm fell from my shoulders. He didn’t get the hint and just replaced it again.