Sydney, sweetheart, please come back..

Chapter 12

Adrian

                I felt hot liquid flow through my lips. I was like electrified for a moment. I slowly opened my eyes and shocked to see Micah weeping. He was holding someone, but I didn’t have time to check it out first because I was a bit preoccupied with our surroundings, blood spilled all over the floor, the chairs were smashed and there were two bodies of dead strigoi on the floor and then I turned my sight back to Micah, All I saw was blonde hair and bloody hands. Sydney! I crawled weakly to her side.

“Sweetheart! Sydney! Oh God!”  I said not knowing where to hold her.

“What happened?” I demanded staring at Micah.

“T-The M-Magic flower.... she gave it to you... to heal you” he said crying.

“What magic flower?” I was confused. What is he talking about? I thought.

“The one she’s working at. I told her to keep it for herself but instead she chooses you” he answered then that was the time I recognize the tiny bottle she always kept in her belt bag.

“Oh God.... Sydney” I whispered gazing at her. I can’t believe she chose me over herself. Now I knew what Rose meant when she said that you can do irrational things for the sake of love.

“Sydney?! Micah?!” Jill exclaimed. Micah look like a rat caught in hiding. Rose, Eddie and Dimitri all have bruises on their faces. Jill looks like she’s going to faint when she saw Sydney. Eddie clenched his jaws and his eyes were full of sorrow and worry. There was an organized chaos followed. Guardians secured Jill and the alchemist took Sydney.

“No!” I run after them. Someone gripped my shoulders.

“Please let me go with her!” I begged staring at Stanton. She nodded allowing me to come with them. We got in their van and I cradle Sydney on my lap pressing some pressure on her wound. I kept on whispering how much I love her and how much sorry I am.

“This is my entire fault” Jared exclaimed. I stared with him with disbelief.  I was surprised to see that there were other people inside the van.

“What do you mean?” I asked and shot him a piercing look.

“I told her to break up with you. If not for me she’ll not be miserable. She’ll have reason to fight for her life.” He confessed.

“You did?” The block on my chest was somehow removed. Sydney loves me. She’s lying when she said she doesn’t.

“Oh God... Sydney... love, please fight for me sweetheart. Fight for me” I keep on whispering.

                As we reached the hospital, stretchers were prepared both for Sydney and me.

“No, I’m not hurt” but they insisted to tend me. I came to Sydney’s room the next hour together with Rose. She’s in critical condition due to head injury and blood loss. They are also a blood clot on her brain that needs to be operated.

“You can heal her” Realization hit me. Right! So I tried but failed.

“I can’t” I whispered

“Why?”

“I use too much spirits to the strigoi commanding them not to kill me so that I can buy some time. And I’ve been drinking” I admitted.

“Oh no!” Her shoulders dropped but instantly her head shot up.

“Spirit dream! You think you can do that?”

“I don’t know but I’ll try” I tried to pull myself in a sleep.

                I woke up in a flower field. The sun was shining brightly in the sky.

“Adrian!” Sydney called! She was wearing a white summer dress. She looked divine.

“Sydney!” We hugged each other and kissed intensely.

“Listen, I need you to fight for me” I said locking her face between my palms and planted a kiss on her lips again.

“For what? We’re already in heaven! We can live a life now. We’re free!!” she chuckled.

“We’re in my dream. Your body is wounded. You’re not dead. I’m not dead. So please fight back do you understand?” I felt a pull from the outside. I knew that my powers were not enough to keep contact.

“Adrian!” she frantically called. I lost her grip.

“Sydney!” I can’t see her anymore.

“I love you!” I heard her whisper

“Sydney!!!!” I woke up with a toot5x sound of the heart monitor. Then I heard Rose shouting for help. Doctors began to pour in. I weakly walk beside Sydney’s bed.

“1...2....3...clear!” Tog! Sydney’s family were sobbing.

“Sydney sweetheart, fight for me.... I love you... Please come back. We’ll build a future together right? Please come back... I love you so much”

“101...102....103...clear” Tog!

“Honey, please come back and you can live with Adrian for your whole life. Please just live for him... for us...” Jared sobbed. As if on cue, the heart monitor created a steady beeping sound.

“Adrian? Mom? Dad?” Sydney whispered. I hugged her

. A week later all the misunderstandings were settled and alchemist let go of Sydney and considering it as a give being a good employee throughout the years. The alchemist norms were passed to Zoe, which means that she will be the one active in the family as an alchemist. Even though Sydney disagreed, there’s nothing we can do to stop it. Zoe is now trapped with the alchemist but we don’t think she mind. After all we run away, far away from everyone.