Broken heart... plus kidnapping

Chapter 10

Adrian

I'm going back to court, to Pennsylvania, my home. I knew part of me was blow apart into pieces when Sydney broke up with me. Remembering the days when we were still together, I can't help the tears that flow through my eyes. The times when she took care of me when I'm sick, when she picks me up for school when she has no class in Amberwood, when she cleans my place without even me asking her to do so, when she offer sites for my projects without even me telling her, those times that I will cherish for the rest of my life but now it's all gone. Too far to be possible. I don't know how to start my life without her. I became dependent to her that I even forgot to live without her by my side. It was worst with Rose's. It was worst in everything. How am I supposed to live without her?

"It's time, Adrian." Rose said. Jill and Eddie were already outside. I glance at Sydney who was on the other side. She smiled. A little hope sparked upon me hoping that she will give "us" another chance.

"Can I have a word?" she asked.

"Sure" Rose nod and I led Sydney outside the apartment near the park.

"Syd, I'm sorry for the wrong things I've done" I began

"No, I'm sorry Adrian" Hope showered on my face.

"So does that mean we're back together?" I asked hopefully

"No" she replied also in the brick of tears.

"Why?" I asked hoarsely.

"Because for a million reasons, we can't be together" she said in a small voice that's almost a whisper.

"F---k those reasons! Damn!" I yelled kicking a can of soda in the path.

"Look Adrian you're a good man. There are millions of other girls out there desperate for your attention. Try to find them" she suggested but I know deep inside her she doesn't mean it.

"I don't want millions of girls. I only wanted one... You..." I heard her sigh. I tried to hold her close to me but she shrugged.

"Can't you understand? There are many circumstances that hinder us to love each other. I'm human and you're a vampire" she reason out.

"So? I don't care! We can run away together" That was my master plan to make things work for us and I pretty damn serious about it.

"It wouldn't change a thing Adrian" she retorted. She turns away from me. I can't even move a muscle from that confrontation.

Everything in me was shattered all at once so I made the hardest decision in my life. If the master plan failed then I'll let her go. I'll let her go even if it was the hardest thing I'll do. Slipping off my diamond embedded ring, a royal heirloom, I reach for her hand.

"Then take this."I said putting the ring on her finger. She was shock.

"I can't accept this. It's a sacred jewel. A sign of you royalty."

"Please accept it it's a reminder that when you're ready I'll be just there in court"

"Adri----"I cut her off.

"It will be a memory of me to you that I will always be here waiting. I'll give up everything for you even my treasures and royalty. I'll be waiting even if it takes a lifetime or forever... or even for eternity. I love you Sydney" I heartily said. Maybe that did the trick because for a little while she revealed her true emotion.

"Oh Adrian" she sobbed hugging me tightly. I hug her back so tightly, afraid of letting her go. When all of the sudden a shrieking sound of a stopping van was heard. Followed by 4 armed humans. They hold me and attempt to push me inside the van.

"Adrian!" I saw Sydney throw an uppercut to the man on my other side. Wow! Eddie had a good job in training her. I struggled to my captors and was successful to break away. We jabbed them and kicked them one after the other back to back.

"Who are you?!" I said

"Dawn's friend. At your service" Dawn? The strigoi we fought last year! One man manged to hold his gun and pointed it to me but then Sydney jump to the man. That caught me off guard and the other man tackled me on the ground. I slammed my head on the ground and felt dizzy.

"No!" She came to my rescue but she was elbowed by the two guys holding me and one man cracked her head with the butt of the gun. She fell unconsciously on the ground.

"Sydney!" I struggled but apparently not lucky enough to break free again. They succeeded in pushing me towards the van. I saw Sydney's face, her forehead is bleeding. In my last glimpse of her I saw her mouthed my name.

"Sydney!" I shouted again. And the next thing I knew was the splitting pain in my head and I saw nothing.