Chapter 4

I hear the doorbell. I get off of my bed and walk downstairs. Once I reach my door, I stand on my toes yo look out the peephole. It's Charlie, Alison, and Marcus. I groan and open the door. "What do you wan-" Charlie just pushes past me. I look at Marcus and Alison, they both shrug. "He drug me from my house," Marcus says. "Me too," Alison agrees. I let them in and close the door. I walk into the kitchen which is where I saw Ali disappear to. She has four glasses set on the island on filled with water and one filled weirdly enough with dirt. She waves us over. We stand on the opposite side of the island.

Charlie looks at us then back at the glasses. He puts his hand in front of the glasses, and lifts his hand. When he lifts his hand there is a ball of water following. I hear Alison gasp. Charlie then put his hand down by his side and the water falls back into the cup with a plop. "What the hell," Marcus says under his breath. I don't even know what to say. Charlie then lifts his hand again and the ball of water returns. Charlie raises his arm higher and the ball follows. He then jerks his arm like he's throwing a baseball. The ball of water hits Marcus straight in the face and busts. There is now water all over his face. I don't know what to do, but Charlie hands Marcus a hand towel. "W...wh...wha. I...I...I..don't know what to say," I stutter. "I do..Uhh...What the hell was that," Alison says loudly. Marcus is just standing there stunned. 

"For the last couple of months, I have noticed things. Small thing, but still. The first time was whenever it was super hot one day and out of the blue Marcus lifts his hands to the top of his head and boom wind. Then during winter, whenever we were at Mark's snow cabin. We couldn't start a fire, out of the Alison sneezes and boom fire. Now Evelyn's was more difficult and discreet, but whenever I saw the flower that Jacob gave her. They hadn't blossomed yet. She put them in a vase and a couple secs later they bloom," He takes a deep breath as he continues," Did no one see this. I mean come on it's so obvious!"

"Those where coincidences, Charlie, this is full blown weird," I say sounding quite out of breath. He makes good points. "You don't believe me, fine." He pulls a packet of seeds out of his pocket. He places a seed in the glass full of dirt. "Evelyn, come here," Charlie pleads,"Please?" I walk over to him and stand in front of the glass. He takes my hand and raises it in front of the glass. "Now, imagine the seed growing." He lets go of my hand. And I look at him like, he's crazy, so do the others. "Humor me," He says. I shrug and imagine the seed growing. 

Ali gasps and I look up at the glass. There is a small strawberry vine growing from the glass. I gasp and drop my hand. The vine stays still. I raise my hand again and the vine started to grow to meet my hand. It slowly wraps around my arm. Not like it was suffocating me, but enough to keep my arm up. It kept growing until I started to pull my arm away. The vine recoils and now it's just a small vine in a vase with a little strawberry on the top. I look over at Alison and Marcus look stunned. I look Charlie looks smug, like he won an argument. "See i'm not crazy," Charlie says and points at me,"She can do it too." I look at Marcus and he is staring at one of the empty glasses. He raises his hand and a small gust of wind blows through the kitchen. The wind knocks the glass off of the counter. It breaks as soon as it hits the ground. 

Marcus looks at the broken glass for a couple minutes and Alison out of the blue, sneezed. When she did the only empty cup left had a small fire lit inside. We all stare at the fire. Charlie puts his hand in front of the water and lifts his hand. The rest of the water floated into the air.  He moved his hand in front of the cup that has the small fire contained, He then drops his hand. The water put the fire out with no effort. We all look at each other. Alison starts laughing. We look at her. "I'm sorry, I just...This is impossible," She says looking around the room,"Where are the camera's?" "Alison, this is really happening," I say to her. She sits down on top of the island. We all let out a breath of air. That's when we hear a car pull up to the driveway.

I go to the broken glass of the floor and pick it up carefully. Marcuse put the other the glasses in the sink and puts the one with the dirt in the corner of a window seal. All the while, Alison and Charlie help me clean up the glass. "Evelyn, I brought food," I hear Michael yell from the living room. "Okay," I yell back,"Go out the back door." Charlie,Ali,and Marcus nod their heads and walk quietly to the backdoor. Once, they leave I shout to Michael ," I'm in the kitchen." Once Michael comes in I see that he has a McDonald's bag. He pulls out a two hamburgers and passes me the fries. "Thank," I say as I bite the burger. "No problem," He responds before biting a huge chunk out of the burger. We eat in silence and the rest of the day is spent like that. I barely talked and I couldn't stop thinking about hat happened. I mean this is not normal.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did manage to fall asleep but am awoken by a loud thud. Thinking it was probably Michael sneaking around with his girlfriend again, I try to go back to bed. I am very close but hear another loud thud. This time I get up. Since I'm wearing a sweater and some pajama shorts, I don't care if anyone sees me. I walk into the hallway to find Michael and my dad's doors open. I hear another loud thud coming form downstairs........