Chapter Sixteen

A/N: You guys are seriously the greatest and most awesome people in the world. :D You guys know how to make someone feel great about writing a story and keep them inspired. <3 This story got number 51 in the werewolf category somehow (Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be under 100 since it's been so long since I updated and I was like ... who wants to keep up with my lazy butt. -___-) But you guys are just so amazing and awesome that I decided to get my butt in gear and upload the next chapter already. You guys more than deserved it and I hope you enjoy! :D

"Sally, come on. Come run with me,” a familiar voice called out, floating through the air. I turned my head, finding no one around in the field. All I saw was a few trees scattered about and a lake to the right of me.

“Where are you?” I called out, a small pout forming on my face.

“I’m right here silly,” I scrunched up my face, not understanding at all.

“Here … where?”

She giggled, her laughter filling the air. “Go look in the lake. Then for sure you’ll see me.”

I did as she said, walking over to the calm waters before I took a peek, expecting to just find my reflection. However, a beautiful wolf stared right back at me, her face pulled back into a grin. I could only stare at her in awe, her beautiful coat and eyes captivating. Her coat was … indescribable. By common sense, her fur should have been grey. However, that wouldn’t give the color the justice it deserved. It looked more like … glitter. Silver glitter. And her eyes. They shone brightly, twinkling almost as bright as her fur. It was staring at the ocean at noon, with the sun reflecting off the blue waters. All in all, it was just so beautiful.

The wolf chuckled, startling me as I yelped, jumping back from the waters.

“Relax. I’m not going to hurt you.”

Hesitantly, I crawled back to my spot, seeing her once more. “There. Now we can look at each othe while we talk.”

“Wh-Who are you?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

“I’m Aiyana, silly.”

I stared at her with wide eyes. This beautiful creature … was my wolf? “You’re so beautiful,” I said, a grin covering my face.

She grinned back at me, her lips stretching over her sharp teeth. “Thank you dear. But I didn’t come here just to hear you tell me how beautiful I am.”

“What?” I asked, confusion probably evident on my face.

“I came to warn you. The time for your first shift is fast approaching. You may not know it yet, but you’re a powerful girl. Much more powerful than any alpha or elder.” I sat down in shock, her words replaying over in my head.

“S-so … what? What does that mean?”

“It means,” she continued, her face turning serious. “That people are going to be after you. Bad people, good people, even people you thought you could trust. Believe me when I say that it will be difficult for you once you shift and people find out about you.”