The Comeback

After the third interrogation I was feeling very good about myself.  Not only did I stand my ground but I remained calm.  I think Sylvia believed me to.  I really hope they found proof that Gary Watson was the killer so they let me go.  I haven't seen my family in two weeks and I'm sure they are worried about me.  I know they know I'm innocent but they don't make that call.  I really hope I get on the judges good side before I go into court.

      I slept better than I had in a while.  My mind was a little bit more relaxed now that Gary is here too.  I am also starting to get used to the cot.  Unlike yesterday I got to sleep in this morning which is something I really needed.  I wasn't sure where Sylvia was but I wanted to ask her what I was doing today.  She walked around the corner which sort of scared me with a big smile on her face. 

      "You wont believe this but Gary confessed.  You are going to go home soon.  You do need to appear in court first though but that should be no problem since he confessed " Sylvia said still smiling.

      "No way" I said "I didn't know it would be that easy".  I was ecstatic, I was going to go home and see my girls soon.  I really hope I didn't miss anything important while I was here like Mackenzie's first steps or one of Maddie's soccer tournaments.  I missed them so much.  "Thank you" I said to Sylvia.  "It really helped to have someone here who believed in me."  She just smiled and walked away.  I went back to my room and laid down.  I felt that I needed a few extra hours of sleep. 

     When I woke I felt newly energized.  It was an unfamilliar feeling after missing sleep night after night.  I decided to get out of bed and find something to eat but to my surprise there was a very delicious meal waiting for me on the table.  It looked like well done steak with mashed potatoes and a credential roll on the side.  Then I saw a note on the side.  I hope you enjoy your victory present! - Sylvia is what it said.  I smiled and dug in.  It was the most delicious meal I have had in a long time.  I didn't realize how much I missed my wife's home cooked meals.

        After lunch I left my room to go find Sylvia to thank her the delicious meal but she was no where to be found.  I shrugged and decided I would find her later.  I also wanted to talk to her about court.  I wanted to ask if she had any tips for me. 

______

______

______

    I know this chapter is really boring.  Please don't judge the entire story based on this one chapter.  Please comment your ideas because I don't know what should happen next.

                                                                  Katie <3