Chapter 11

I felt i should post something and here it is. I hope you like it😉

I'm dedicating this chapter to Natash-tash 😘

It was noon and I had just gotten back from school, though a little late. I didn't drive home with Max today. I went home with Emma and Kim to Kim's house to work on our maths assignment.

The time I spent in school today felt really lonely because I didn't get to see Kent popping out of nowhere to distract me. But somehow I felt distracted all through the day because I kept looking around, hoping to see him. I wanted to see him so bad.

I went straight to my room, dropped my bag and went to the window to open it. I stood by the window, just staring at nothing until I wasn't feeling my legs anymore.

I knew I shouldn't have sent him away. I was used to having him around but the stubborn me had to pretend that I didn't like it. I actually did love to see him every time.

I heard a knock on my door and I turned away from the window to the direction of the door; when the door opened, I saw my mom.

"Sweetie..." my mom called softly.

"Uh...Mum...you're back" I said in a very low tone, it felt like I had suddenly lost my voice.

"Yea...are you okay?" My mom squinted her eyes as she tried to study my features. "You look a little bit..." she moved closer to me before she could find the right word to use and felt my forehead with the back of her hand, she probably thought that I was starting to get sick again.

"I'm fine mom... I just have a lot of assignments to do. But I'm good" I tried faking a smile.

"You shouldn't lie to your mom" My mom said, unconvinced about what I told her. Was it that obvious that I was lying?

"I'm fine mom" I flashed a broad smile this time around and I hoped that would be convincing enough.

"Okay...You should come downstairs and get something to eat"

"Okay mom, I'll do that soon" I replied.

"Alright sweetie" My mom left the room and shut the door behind her.

I heaved a deep sigh and turned to the window again, the papers on my table were suddenly flying around again and my eyes went wide.

"Are you expecting someone?" And there went the crazy sweet voice that I had been dying to hear. My lips curved into a broad smile for a second before I decided to turn around with a frown.

"Expecting someone?" Kent asked again while standing in the middle of my bedroom.

"why would I be expecting someone?" I asked in between a nervous smile.

"Tell me, 'cos you've been standing by that window for hours" How on earth did he even know that? Has he been watching me all along? I didn't even know I had stayed by the window for so long.

"Hours? It's not even been an hour since I got in"

"But you've been standing there ever since you got back"

"Noo..." I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Ok...yes, whatever" I said, finally giving up since Kent wouldn't stop, he was such a pain in the butt. I looked down and saw my  paper works lying all over the floor of my bedroom and I sighed. "seriously? Do you have to fly my paper works everywhere? Don't you have other ways of announcing your arrival?" I asked in a rigid tone, trying to hide how excited I was to have him around.

"I don't thinks so, and besides, I prefer throwing those papers on the floor so I can watch you from behind as you pick them up" he winked. Was he really such a pervert? I hated this side of Kent so much.

"You're such a Perv" I shook my head and walked past him to pick the papers that were behind him.

"Well that is a nice name, thanks"

I frowned at him before going to my table to drop the papers on the table. "You are annoying and unbelievable. Stay here, I'm going downstairs to get something to eat"

"You can't tell me what to do"

"It's my house, remember?"

"Oh yeah, but... whatever" he shrugged. I think getting to know Kent in the past few days, had made me realize how rude he was.

"I'll be right back" I stepped out of the room and shut the door. I looked behind me and I saw Kent walking out through the closed door. I just couldn't help but frown at him again, I clearly told him to stay inside.

"Have you forgotten i'm a ghost? You can't lock me in"

"Oh really? I guess you've forgotten I can hit you in the head" I said quietly as I walked down the stairs with Kent walking behind me.

"Maybe when I'm not looking"

"Alright then"

I got to the kitchen and went straight to the fridge to open it, I brought out a box of pizza and placed it on the kitchen island that was in the middle of the kitchen. I grabbed a box of juice and a cup too and I poured some juice into the cup before placing the juice box in the fridge. I opened the box of pizza, only to find two slices of pizza, I grabbed a slice and I took a huge bite. I had never been so hungry.

"That's too much of a bite for a lady like you" Kent said while leaning his elbows on the island.

"Whah?" I asked as I chew.

"Do you always eat like this?"

"How?" What was wrong with how I was eating pizza? Was there a special way to eat it?

"Even when you go on dates?"

"What dates?" I swallowed the pizza in my mouth and took a sip of my juice.

"Are you saying you've never been on a date?" Kent scoffed "What century are you from?"

"Can't I eat in peace in my own house?" I rolled my eyes at him as I tried to avoid his question.

"I'm not stopping you from eating, go on and eat"

My eyes darted to the kitchen entrance and I saw my mom staring at me. What was she looking at?

"Mom" I called.

"Who were you talking to?" My mom asked curiously.

"No one, just eating. Eating pizza" I smiled.

"I'm so sure I heard you talking"

"I was just thinking out loud, that's all"

My mom raised her brow at me, still hoping that I would say something else but I only smiled back at her.

"Okay, enjoy your pizza" she left the kitchen.

"Hmm.... I can still say with the look on her face, she doesn't seem convinced" Kent said.

"Yea, she's my mom, her instincts are always right about her kids." I smiled.

"Oh that's nice" he replied.

"That's how a mom should be"

"Yea, I guess" there was a sudden change in the way he sounded and I tried to figure out but I couldn't. "...enjoy your pizza, I need to step out and get some fresh air" Kent left walked away and my eyes followed him as he left.

I knew something was wrong but I couldn't know what it was because I didn't get a chance to ask him.

But I wondered what it was that made a ghost think that he needed some fresh air.

Maybe ghosts actually needed to breathe in air too...

Likes and comments....please