Chapter 3

Here it is sooo…. COMMENT and VOTE (please:)

Chapter 3

She looked so peaceful, so serene…so quiet. I prayed that she would wake up soon.

Her eyes fluttered open, thank God.

“Lance?” she asked, confusion apparent on her pretty face.

“Hey Jess,” I smiled at her.

“What is going on?” she inquired as she looked around the room. She was so cute when she was confused.

“You’re at home, babe, don’t worry. We took you back here to recover after you passed out,” I explained, eluding major details like what hit her and who was responsible.

“What? Did I just randomly pass out?!” she laughed, “The last thing I remember is Robert and I talking…” she tried to remember, I suppose I might as well just tell her.

“Yeah, when you started talking to Robert, Victoria grabbed my hand and asked me to help her practice her tennis serve,” I started.

“Tennis serve? Victoria doesn’t play tennis; she plays soccer…” she told me. This is true. She would know better than I would…

Back in sixth grade Victoria and Jessica were best friends; they played on the same soccer team, went to movies together, and slept over at each other’s homes. I forget exactly what went down but it involved a boy getting in between two girls. There was a huge fight and lots of drama and ever since they’ve hated each other. Talk about holding a grudge.

“I know, she says she wants to try out new sports,” I said, and then finished my story, “In the middle of a swing she lost her grip on the racket and it went flying, unfortunately, right into you.”

Anger filled her eyes.

*JESSICAS POV*

I awoke to Lance.

His eyes were so beautiful. His green orbs dotted with gold specks glanced around the room and landed on me.

“Lance?” I asked, just to prove to myself that it wasn’t another dream.

“Hey Jess,” he said; then he smiled.

His smile made my heart pound. His perfectly white, straight teeth shined brighter than the stars in any sky.

Okay, this is getting out of hand.

“What is going on?” I wondered aloud. Instead of lying on my Temper Pedic Cloud under my Sandy Wilson Cashmere Duvet, shouldn’t I be at school?

Shouldn’t Lance?

“You’re at home, babe, don’t worry. We took you back here to recover after you passed out,” he tried to make me feel comfortable. Aw!

Wait, I passed out?

“What? Did I just randomly pass out?!” That’s ridiculous! “The last thing I remember is Robert and I talking…” I continued. What else happened..?

“Yeah, when you started talking to Robert, Victoria grabbed my hand and asked me to help her practice her tennis serve,” What? Victoria is not a tennis player.

“Tennis serve? Victoria doesn’t play tennis; she plays soccer…” I know it best, she’s been on my team for five years.

This better be good.

“I know, she says she wants to try out new sports,” he started. No freakin’ way is she ‘trying out new sports’ she just wanted a chance to flirt with him, I’m sure, “In the middle of a swing she lost her grip on the racket and it went flying, unfortunately, right into you.”

THAT BITCH!

I swear if there’s a single mark on this face, someone is going to pay.

I pushed passed Lance and headed towards my bathroom. My brain throbbed, did I hit it my head on something?

Oh right, a bitch threw a tennis racket at my face.

I’m already showing signs of memory-loss! AH!

In the bathroom I took one deep breath and gathered the courage to look up.

Phhhhheeewww

No marks! I smiled in rejoice, I know Victoria hates me but I didn’t know she would stoop as low as to knock me out! That girl has problems.

“Are you okay?” asked Lance from the doorway, he looked so concerned! I smiled and nodded. It was so nice of him to look after me. I closed the distance between us and locked him in a tight hug.

“Thanks for taking care of me,” I whispered into his ear, “It really means a lot to me.” I held him in the hug for a couple seconds longer.

He pulled away, “It wasn’t anything you wouldn’t do for me,” he countered. That was true. I smiled and kissed his cheek. He smirked, “Okay, now that you’re awake, I have to really have to go.”

“Okay, I’m going to take a swim,” I informed him. I waved goodbye and strolled over to my walk-in closet.

My mom designed my wardrobe. That is my only explanation for all the expensive stuff I own. In my closet there is a wall for each season (my idea). Each season is filled with names like Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Versace, Fendi, Guess, and Dior. Then we have the shoes. My rotating shoe carousel is located in the center of the room and shows off styles from Giuseppe Zanotti, Louis Vuitton, Dolce Gabbana, Christian Louboutin, Manolo, Ferragamo, and Jimmy Choo. I love shoes!

I waltzed over to the summer wall, in paradise, and looked at the row of bikinis. I grabbed my favorite, and slipped into the fabulous Bendito Pegaso. I pulled some Tory Burch thongs off my shoe carousel and, after putting them on, I hurried downstairs.

I skipped down the marble staircases past my brother and his friend staring blankly at our large flat screen, half way out through the kitchen Michael turned and called to me.

“Hey Jess! There is someone here to see you,” he said. Someone here to see me? I went back into the living room.

“Who?” I asked, honestly curious.

“Him,” he pointed to the young boy standing next to him, “This is Henry, he wants to talk to you.” I raised my eyebrows but gave him a chance.

“Hello, I’m Henry, my dad owns a company called Elite Model Management, we were wondering if you’d be interested in working for us,” he said. A modeling agency?

“As like a secretary or something you mean?” I clarified.

“No, as a model, obviously, you’re the first girl I’ve scouted and I want to surprise my father,” answered Henry. He wants me to model? As If! I laughed.

“I don’t think I’m the modeling type…” I spoke. Michael looked at Henry as if he was crazy, what a boost to my confidence. Not.

“I think you’d fit in just fine,” he assured me, “now would you mind coming with me?” I don’t really feel comfortable following a kid I just met, but this could be fun.

“Sure,” I laughed, “this’ll be fun.”

And with that he led me to the white limousine waiting outside.

Here goes nothing…

Hey

Sooo this chapter is sorta an awkward transitional chapter…but I had to put it in there. The next one will be fun though, I promise!!

Please if you read all the way to here COMMENT!

I love getting feedback, also if you like it enough vote!! Did you see I put up a cover? Someone made that for me…but I think that’ll be only temporary.

So if you want, make me a different one! Hahahaha but you should probably wait til the story advances a little farther.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

SmartAlec7