Chapter 1

• Dedicated to My Readers

Jessica Reed

Chapter 1

My alarm clock beeped. I groaned and sat up, I miss summer already.

I  heard my brother and sister already running around getting ready. I remember when school used to be fun. I know junior year is a tough one, my mom and dad made sure of that. All summer long all I heard was, “You need to do well this year!” or “If you don’t get good grades you won’t get into college.” That’s why I decided to focus on school this year.

I took a shower, a long one with lots of hot water, and when I got out I dried myself with a fluffy towel. I stared at myself in the mirror, not to be conceded, I looked good. I’m pretty and I know it.

I have long blonde hair and bright blue eyes, typical I know. My lips are pink and my face is smooth. I sound cliché, I realize, but I can’t help it! I have tan skin and I’m pretty tall, my teeth are pearly white. I’ve never had a boyfriend.

“Hmmm…what to wear what to wear…” I wondered aloud. Typically I just let my mom pick out my clothes, seeing as she does have a degree in design. “MOM!!!” I yelled.

“What is it Jessica?” she asked me, “Please don’t yell across the house.”

“I don’t know what to wear,” I sighed.

“Darling, I told you. You need to start picking out your own clothes, I won’t always be here for you,” she said.

“Please, Mom. Just for today!” I begged, today was the first day of school! I needed to look good.

She sighed, “Fine, just today. Jeez what would you do without me?” She picked out my favorite jeans and a green tank top, “Here you go my baby girl,” she smiled “That wasn’t so hard,” she said.

“Thanks mamacita,” I said as I kissed her cheek. She left and I got dressed. I dried my hair and twisted it into golden waves. I went downstairs for breakfast.

“Hey Mikey!” I greeted my little brother, so what if he was only a year younger than I am and a little bit taller too, that is when I’m not wearing my favorite Gucci Pumps.

“Hey Jesse!” he returned, with fake excitement. Then turned to his strawberry crepe that our chef James, had prepared.

“James I’ll have some oatmeal please,” I told him. He nodded and turned back to the stove to make some. I sat down at the barstool.

“Are you excited for school today?” asked James. I wasn’t sure if he was talking to me or my brother, “Jess, I heard you have some pretty tough classes this year.”

“Yeah I do, I’m taking AP Physics and Calculus. Plus French 4,” I replied. French shouldn’t be too hard though; I’ve spoken the language since I could talk.

“Well my cla…” Michael started but the doorbell rang in the middle of his sentence. I stood to get it.

I opened the door. “Jessica Reed, is that you?” said the boy.

“LANCE!” I yelled as a jumped on him, “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’ve missed you too, Jess.” He smiled at me. Wow he has a nice smile. And face. And body.  “I haven’t seen you all summer.”

Lance had really grown up. He chopped off his hair; I always knew the spiked look worked better for him. I could feel the six-pack under his shirt, damn. His hazel eyes stared at me as he continued flashing his pearly whites at me. He was my best friend and my next-door neighbor.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“My mom told me to get you, are you ready?” he replied. Lance was funny, smart, athletic, and very handsome. He was a really good guy. And boy had I missed him.

*LANCE”S POV*

“Lance! Go next-door and get Jess, we are driving her to school today!” my mom yelled to me.

“Ok!” I yelled back, I walked past my little brother, Nick.

“I want to come too!” he whined, but I shook my head and left the house alone.

I couldn’t wait to see Jessica again. She was so much fun to be around. She was smart, funny, kind, and a really good soccer player. I’ve had a crush on her since 4th grade. Truth be told, half the guys I know have a crush on her. They’re all just too intimidated to ask her out.

As I knocked on her door I ran my fingers through my hair. I hope I look okay.

When she opened the door I realized I forgot something, she’s hot! She honestly looked like an angel that had fallen to Earth.

“Jessica Reed, is that you?” I asked. She had done some serious growing up over the summer.

“LANCE!” she screeched as she jumped on me. Wow she has…developed…a lot since I last saw her. “I missed you so much!”

“I’ve missed you too, Jess,” I said as she scanned my body, “I haven’t seen you all summer.” I smiled. She is so beautiful.

“What are you doing here?” she asked me.

“My mom told me to come get you, are you ready?” I asked. It’s really a shame we are such good friends. She’s really a great girl, but I don't want to ruin our friendship.

“Yeah I’m ready,” she said. “Let me go get my bag, come in!”

I walked into her magnificent home. We lived in the best part of town, after all. We go to the same private high school, Canyon Heights, one of the most prestigious and beautiful schools in the country.

She ran past James, “Your breakfast, as always, is cordon bleu, monsieur,” she said to him.

“Merci madame,” he responded. Geez, I wish I spoke French. Its really nice.

She grabbed her bag and came back to me, “Let’s go,” she said, “We’re late.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi, I'm new here and I just had story I wanted to get down. Comments/Critism is welcome, but don't be too harsh! :) I'm really excited, please enjoy! This took like three hours. THANK YOU!

SmartAlec7