nineteen

Harry flinched awake the next morning, frowning and peeling his phone off of his face.

He pushed his messy hair out of his eyes, blinking until his vision was clear.

His phone was dead, and his face felt hot.

Harry sat up, rubbing his eyes and remembering that he was supposed to stay awake longer than Zayn.

But he wasn't sure if he did.

He also wasn't sure if he cared right now.

After putting his phone on the charger, he went downstairs in search of food.

"Harry, it's Saturday." Desmond said as Harry came into the kitchen.

He was sitting at the table with his laptop, checking the local news.

"Nice observation." Harry mumbled, opening the fridge.

He looked around the inside, saddened by the emptiness.

"When's the last time you went to the market?" He asked, not meaning sound so bratty.

He was just hungry.

"When's the last time you paid rent, Harry Edward Styles?" Desmond asked with a little smile.

"I'll pay rent when you keep good food in this fridge." Harry said.

Desmond sighed. "So, never."

Harry turned and looked at him.

"What? It isn't my fault that you eat everything I bring home in less than a day. Try conserving." Desmond said.

Harry rolled his eyes, checking the freezer now.

"Are you inviting those girls over tonight like I asked?"

"No. Haven't you heard? Gigi was shot last night and...everything kind of went to hell. I haven't spoken to any of the girls except Irene." Harry told him, picking up a tub of ice cream, only to find that it was pistachio flavoured.

Harry made a face, putting it back.

"Gigi is the one Perrie thinks is behind everything?" Desmond asked.

"Perrie and the other girls, yeah."

"Who shot her?"

"Zayn told me it was her ex-boyfriend." Harry shrugged, going through the cabinets now.

"Who's Zayn?" Desmond asked, looking up from his laptop.

Harry paused.

"Um, a friend of mine."

"A female friend?"

"Dad." Harry said, giving him a look.

"Harry, I don't want you getting too involved with anyone during this case. What we're doing isn't exactly legal, we can't risk anything." Desmond reminded him.

"I know, I told you he's just a friend." Harry said sharply.

"He thinks I'm a girl anyway." Harry said, now beginning to get concerned about that game.

"I'm not sure if that makes this situation any better." Desmond commented.

"What situation? There is no situation, dad. It's nothing, okay? And I'm not inviting anyone over tonight. In fact, some time alone is exactly what I need." Harry said, taking a box a cereal with him as he left the kitchen.

Desmond frowned, knowing that it couldn't have been that time of the month because Harry was male.

So why was he so angry?