How to Join

Greetings to you, brave soul!

Thank you for deciding to give this contest a try. We promise you this will be worth your time.

How to Join:

1. Write a one-shot story with a minimum of 1, 500 words and a maximum of 5, 000 words. (Note that we said “write”, not “copy” or anything like that. This means that we would only be accepting original stories. Honor and excellence, guys! Also, your one-shot must NOT be previously posted on wattpad or any other site. We might disqualify you if you do not follow these simple rules.

Keep in mind that your one-shot must be:

A. based on one of the writing prompts provided here.

(“What writing prompts?!” Chill. We would be posting them after the mechanics.)

B. Christmas-themed.

C. classified under the Romance-Teen Fiction category.

D. written in English/Tagalog/Taglish only.

2. Submit your one-shots to:

A. missbitterella@gmail.com  IF your chosen prompt is from the first set.

B. ernesteynm@gmail.com  IF your chosen prompt is from the second set.

Your entry must be in .docx format and the file name must contain 1.) the title of your one-shot and 2.) your username in wattpad. The subject of your e-mail should be “Entry to the One-shot Writing Contest – (the code of the writing prompt you have chosen)”. Your e-mail must contain the following: an attachment (the one-shot itself) and a brief summary (in no more than 5 sentences) of your one-shot.

3. Wait for our confirmation that we have received your entry. If you haven’t received a confirmation within 5 days, send your entry again.

What happens next?

1. After you have submitted your entries and received the confirmation, expect an honest feedback from us. We would be providing you some pointers on how to improve your one-shot. Once you have received our feedback, we will be giving you 7 days to work on the weak points we have pointed out. After 7 days, submit your one-shot again to us.

2. Once you have submitted your improved work, we would be handing them over to our first set of judges. These judges will decide whether your one-shot will advance to the final round or not.

3. The entries that would be lucky enough to make it to the final round will be posted here on our account. Keep in mind that we will not reveal the identities of the writers in this round to avoid unbiased judging. The readers are free to vote and comment on the stories that they like.

4. The second set of judges will also be the final one. They will be the ones who get to decide on who the final winners will be.

Prizes:

We won’t be revealing the prizes yet, for they are not yet finalized. We assure you they are all cool, though. We would be having a grand winner, three runner-ups and a receiver of the Reader’s Choice Award.

By the way, we are also welcome for sponsors. Either you like our cause and really, really want to help, or you are just so freaking rich, you don’t know where to put those riches anymore, we want  (and need) you. Simply send us a private message and we’ll discuss the details.

Any questions yet? PM us!

Note: Deadline of submitting your entries will be on December 31, 2013.