Chapter Two: Birthday

It had been over a year since Sasuke had had that dream. Today was July 23, his 8th birthday.

Sasuke snuck down the stairs, hearing his brother in the kitchen. Peaking through the door, his large, dark eyes shone with a child-like gleam. He was finally gonna sneak up on his elder brother!

He tiptoed up behind his brother's turned back, then lunged. His 'brother' poofed away into oblivion and a pair of strong, familiar arms wrapped around him from behind instead, thus preventing him from falling and getting hurt.

Squealing, Sasuke giggled, "Big brother!" he laughed, squirming around. His brother always managed to catch him!

Itachi chuckled, picking up his little brother in a hug.He always knew when his imoto was coming. "Sorry Sasuke. Maybe next time, ne?" he smiled, giving Sasuke's forehead a light poke.

A pout formed on Sasuke's face and he rubbed his forehead before asking, "What're we doing today big brother?"

The elder Uchiha smiled at his little brother. "Whatever you wish, Sasuke."

"Really?!" The little duckling smiled, "Can we play hide and seek-- No! Wait, let's go collect some more kitty paw prints!-- ah, no! Let's get some dango and tea!" Sasuke was grinning ear to ear sheepishly. He couldn't decide!

Itachi chuckled, messing his little brother's hair, "Yes, yes, and yes." he said to all three requests.

Giggling, Sasuke beamed and tackled his elder brother into a hug--well, tried to. Itachi easily caught him.

"Go get dressed, Sasuke." Itachi murmured, "Then we can eat breakfast and, lastly, we can go out." Pausing for effect, he gently set Sasuke down and knelt down to his level, giving Sasuke's forehead a gentle poke. "Happy birthday Sasuke." he smiled gently.

Sasuke seemed to blink in shock for a few moments then smiled widely, eyes lighting up. His big brother remembered!! After one more tight hug, Sasuke ran up the stairs giggling to yank on his clothes. He was gonna spend all day with big brother Itachi!