~Chapter 1~

ALEXANDER

   "Wake up, Alex. Wakie wakie." I heard my own voice say. Half awake, I groaned and rolled over to go back to sleep but the voice kept going. "Wakie wakie." There was a sudden pause before I felt someone climb on top of me. "Wake up baby. It's time for breakfast." I heard Crystal's voice purr into my ear. I quick sat up only to find Ax standing over me laughing.

   "Dammit Ax!" I roared angrily. " That's not a fucking joke."

   "Hey, that's not my problem." Ax laughed. I glared at Ax and got out of bed. Its been four days since he killed Crystal and every chance he gets, he imitates her voice. I hate the fact that Ax could change our voice like that. It was bad enough that he looked and sound like me, it only made it worse that he could imitate other people's voices.

     I turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm up some before I got in. As I bathed I could still feels some of the scratches Crystal left on me that night. Every time I think of her, I get pissed. I stood under the shower head, letting the warm water rain over me. I was trying to clear my head because I didn't feel like dealing with Ax and his games. I turned off the water and stepped out the shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist and stood in the mirror.

I stared at myself and for a moment, I was at peace with myself, until my eyes turned a crimson red. Without even thinking, I snarled and punched the mirror, instantly breaking it. Ax stepped to the side and began cracking up.

   "Dammit." I hissed under my breathe.

   "Face it Alex. You have anger problems." Ax laughed so hard he was crying.

   "I don't have anger problems! You're my problem." I retorted.

   "Hey, still not my problem." Ax said, happily eyeing the broken mirror. I growled and left the bathroom. Even though, I was still half wet, I quickly got dressed and rushed out my hotel room. It wasn't the same room Ax killed Crystal in, it was more modern and comfortable. It looked way better than the one Crystal took me to.

     I rushed to elevator and jabbed the button about six times before the doors opened and I got on. I was the only one on the elevator, giving me some time to calm down. I hate Ax. He ruins everything good in my life. Every relationship I've ever had, has always led to a dead end. Literally. And he never gets caught. I don't understand how he does it. It baffles me that no one ever suspects me, therefore also suspecting Ax. I sighed. I lifted my head and closed my eyes. The elevator stopped and the doors opened. Now that I was a bit more level headed, I calmly walked into the busy lobby. With my coat over my shoulder, I walked out the hotel and made a left.

     The air was cold against my skin. I thought my Hollister hoodie was enough to keep me warm but apparently not. I threw on my coat and began to wonder around town, looking for my dad. My dad left my mom before I was born or at least that's what Mom told me. I don't doubt what my mom told me but I always wondered if there was another reason why my dad left.

     Just thinking of my mother brings back pleasant memories. I remember her soft voice, her smile face that never seemed to change, her dirty blond hair and pale green eyes. I loved my mother very much and I respected her even after she was killed. I had jus so happened to get angry at her for something she had said about my father and the day went down hill.

     I remember that horrible night like it was yesterday. Hell, I remember majority of everything that Ax does like it was yesterday! But Ax killing my mother sticks out like a sore thumb. I walked around and went in and out of different stores asking people had they seen Christopher Mason, but no one said anything. I ran into some luck here and there but most of my leads led to dead ends. While walking, I walked passed a woman and a little boy playing in the park. Normally I ignore such thinks, but I couldn't help but stare at them. The woman was a brunette and she was kind of pretty. Not really my type of girl though. Her son looked to be about two or three years old, somehow the boy reminded me of myself. He toddled through the snow as he played with the woman.