Chapter Three

Quick A/N: I've chosen in this story to follow Mike on this. So while it deals with Mike AND George, it's going to follow Mike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Mike's lunch break and he was heading to the recording studio to see George. He wanted to check on George and make sure he was alright. Which he was probably far from being. As he walked up to the second floor of the studio Mike could hear them playing and instead of ruining it he went into the sound booth.

"Hey, Mr. Epstein?" Mike inquired softly.

"Yes Mike," Brian replied.

"Can they have a break? I want to talk to George," Mike told him.

Brian nodded and let the boys know they had a break. Mike walked down into the room they were in and said a quick hello to his brother before going to George.

"Hey, I brought you some soup. I know it's hospital food, but I don't think you've eaten yet today, George you okay?"

George shrugged, "Thanks for the soup, it was real nice of you." Mike heard a sniffle emit from him.

"What is wrong?" Mike asked, knowing perfectly well that it was just George's lack of dopamine.

"Nothin' I just can't stop crying," George said.

Mike took George's hand and had him sit down on the couch in the room. Mike was too focused on George to have noticed everyone else had left the room to give them privacy. He pulled George onto his lap and put his arms around him. He could feel George shaking as he cried, and a tear stain forming on his shoulder.

Mike thought for a moment how late back to work he would be, but his boyfriend came first. He gently rubbed his back, "Shh, George. What did you take last night?"

"A-acid," George replied.

That made no sense to Mike, he'd seen the other on acid and their reactions were not like this. "And?"

"Some... some ecxtasy," George said quietly.

Mike sighed.

"Please don't be mad at me," George said quickly, his voice was dripping with sorrow and it made Mike feel terrible for him.

"I'm not mad, I promise," Mike said, he was furious with George but he wasn't going to say so. He hugged George tighter as his sobs became harder.

"Yes you are!!" George sobbed loudly.

Mike stroked George's hair, "No, I'm not mad," He said softly. "Oh George, we've been through so much, how could I be mad at you?"

"Because I promised t-to not take ecxtasy again," George replied.

"Hey, babe, we all make mistakes, I'm not going to get pissed over one of them."

George sniffled and nodded into Mike's shirt.

"Hey, hey luv. I hate to say this, but I need to get back to work. I'm already late...."

"And it's my fault!" George cried.

"No, god no, George, don't you dare think that. I'll see you when I get home, okay?" Mike said. He was going to try and get off early but since he was late, he doubted it.

George nodded.

"And no more drugs today," Mike said gently.

George gave a meaningless smile and nodded, "It would be pointless."

Mike gave him a small kiss before getting up. On his way out he stopped Paul, "Hey can you make sure he eats? And he's going to be weepy all day, don't worry about it."

Paul nodded, and put his hand on his brother's shoulder, "I will, promise. Are you okay Mike?"

Mike nodded quickly, "Don't worry about me Paul, worry about George."

Paul gave him a skeptical look, "Mike..."

"Drop it Paul."

Paul did, "I'll see you soon."

Mike nodded and mad his way to work. He wasn't fine, not at all. But he didn't want to break down in front of his brother. And especially not in front of George. He needed to be strong.