Chapter Five

Mike pulled himself away from Ted, slightly embarrassed to have done that to him.

"Well, if only all my ex-boyfriends greeted me like that," Ted said.

"Well we left on good terms, what are you doing here?" Mike asked.

"I'm going to be in London for a week or two, I wanted to see you again," Ted replied. "Are you going to keep me out here?"

"I'm afraid so, I've got someone asleep in here, but when do you want to see me?" Mike asked.

Ted gave him a look that clearly showed that he doubted someone was asleep, "Tomorrow night?"

"I'll look at my schedule, can I have your number? I'll call you," Mike replied.

Ted scribbled his hotel room number on a piece of paper and handed it to Mike, "I'll be expecting a call Micheal."

"I'll make sure to give you a call, now I really need to sleep Ted."

"Say no more," Ted said and left.

Mike closed the door behind him, he was amazed. Ted of all people showing up. There were so many memories. Ted was Mike's boyfriend from when George left for Hamburg the first time. He had suffered from some separation anxiety and had turned to Ted from school who was a self-proclaimed homosexual had gladly let the McCartney boy into his life. When George came back, their split wasn't bitter but Mike wasn't ever really sure Ted had been happy about it.

Mike went to his room and changed into his night clothes, his mind filled with memories he had forgotten about. He settled next to George and was immediately brought to reality. George was gently crying in his sleep, Mike didn't know what he was dreaming about, but it didn't matter, he very gently put his arms around George, not waking him. Just trying to comfort him, after a while he heard the crying subside and he himself fell asleep.

He actually got a decent amount of sleep that night. He woke up happy and slipped out of bed, trying to let George sleep. But as usual George woke up about twenty minutes after him and walked into the kitchen, he took a cup of tea from Mike and sipped it.

"George?" Mike asked, just trying to get his attention.

"Yeah Mike?" George asked, he had the urge to smile, but he still didn't have any dopamine and felt very depressed.

"A friend is in town tonight and he called last night and wanted to see me again. Can I George?" Mike asked softly.

"Of couse Mike," George replied.

"So, not drugs tonight please, I can't go rushing out tonight to get you."

George shrugged.

Mike bit his lips, not sure what that meant. He kissed George quickly before heading out to work.

During his lunch break he called up Ted and told him to pick him up at the hospital. Which he did promptly at eight o'clock. Mike just finished up his shift and changed into his regular clothes. He met Ted in the lobby and smiled at him.

What surprised him was in the car when Ted handed him a few flowers.

"What is this?" Mike asked sweetly, he realized that these were the same flowers Ted had brought him when they went on their first date, daisies.

"Flowers," Ted said shyly.

"No," Mike smiled, "You know what I mean. This. Is it a date Ted?"

Ted blushed, "Kinda, I hope you don't mind. But I know you had come to London and I wanted to see you again."