Chapter 12

Chapter 12

He dragged me out of the room despite my protest and amidst the surprise stares of our classmates and all the people we passed by the corridor. No one dared stopped him.

"Let me go!" I pulled my hand from his grip but his grip is viselike. Mabilis siyang naglakad habang hawak ako hanggang sa makarating kami sa office ng student affairs. Oo nga pala, officer pala siya ng college nila. He opened the door and pulled me in. Nakita ko ang gulat na nag register sa mukha ng mga estudyante na nasa loob ng room pagkapasok namin.

"Out." He said curtly and the students scrambled out of their seats and hurriedly went out of the room. He locked the door the moment they're all outside. Nakatayo ako sa gitna ng room at nakatayo siya sa likod ng pinto. His lips are set in a thin line and his gaze is deadly. Kung hindi lang ako matapang baka umiwas na ako ng tingin dahil sa klase ng tingin na binibigay niya sa akin. Gone was the gentleness in his eyes, gone was the adoration, all that was left is fury, anger and if I am not mistaken, pain. Something painful tugged at my chest but I choose to ignore it. This is not the time to get too emotional; this is not the time to reminisce about they way he stares at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at him directly, giving him the same angry and furious stare.

He can't just drag me like that! Wala pang kahit na sinong lalaki ang kumaladkad sa akin ng ganun! Ano ang karapatan niya!?

"How dare you Kriztian! You don't have the right..." I shouted at him but his grim expression didn't change. He slowly walked towards me with that angry expression and clenched his fist. Naramdaman ko ang mabilis na pagtibok ng puso ko. I couldn't be afraid, could I? I could put him down; he can't do anything to me.

"Right? Are we talking about right Jihann?" He came nearer, stalking me like a prey and I unconciosuly took a step back until my back touched the edge of the table.

"Naririnig mo ba ang sarili mo?" He said with a mocking tone and smiled grimly at me.

"For someone who've insulted and degraded me in front of the whole class, you have the nerve to talk about right." He snorted and gave me a lopsided but insulting smile.

"Now you're asking me what right do I have to drag you here? No. I don't have the right to drag you nor do you have the right to call me names and insult me back there." Mahina lang ang boses niya pero ramdam na ramdam ko ang galit sa bawat salita niya. I've never seen him this mad nor this dangerous, I wanted to cringe in fear but I am not the type to admit defeat or to show my fear no matter how scared I am. I wasn't raise like that; I was raise to be composed despite the situation. So I held my ground and met his angry stare.

Lumapit siya sa akin at tumigil sa harap ko. He is towering over me and I fight the urge to avoid his eyes. I fight the urge to run for the door or to take a step back further.

Hinawakan ng isang kamay niya ang pisngi ko until his hand settled just below my chin and tilted my face.

"What? No insulting remarks? You've gone mute? That's where you're good at right? You're good at insulting people and putting them on spotlight." Naramdaman ko ang paghigpit ng hawak niya sa pisngi ko but not to the point of being painful. Naramdaman ko ang pag iinit ng sulok ng mga mata ko but I held it back.

His jaw clenched and he let out a few deep breathes without breaking our eye contact.

"I'm telling you Jee, you cannot treat me the way you've treated your ex-boyfriends. I won't allow you to shout at me. I won't have you cursing me and accusing me of things in front of everyone and get away with it. This is the last time, you hear me?" I stood my ground and looked at him. I didn't say anything not because I am scared of saying something. I didn't say anything because I'm afraid that my voice would quiver, and that I would crack and he would know that I am not as strong as I portrayed to be. I composed myself.