Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 3

So this would have been posted last night but I decided to walk in th rain instead xD Plus my beta fell asleep before she could read what I previously had written and lets just say I'm glad I waited to post it. Enjoy~

*********************

Melanie checked herself in the mirror readjusting the cap on her head to fit over her low pony. She had on a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a black fitted shirt and a blue vest with white on the sleeves. Green, fingerless, gloves adorned her hands and around her waist was a belt with several Poké Balls hanging from it.

Ding Dong

The distant sound of the door bell ringing had Melanie scrambling around her bathroom. She grabbed her phone off the charger and spared one last glance in the mirror. She bounded down the stairs taking two at a time. Taking a moment to regain her breath, Melanie opened the door and burst out laughing. She couldn't help it.

There stood Naruto clad head to toe in his costume; his bright yellow costume. It was a onesie with a lightning bolt tail. The hood of Naruto's costume had two eyes where his forehead was and black tipped ears.

"I choose you, Pikachu," Melanie said not caring how cliché she sounded. Naruto stared at her in amazement.

"You didn't tell me you were going as Ash Ketchum!"

Melanie giggled. "You never asked." She looked down, embarrassment creeping up on her, "do you like it?"

"Yeah, you look cute. I love your glasses; they give the costume a personal touch. Plus now we can enter the couples costume contest! We're going to win, believe it!" Naruto grinned placing his hands behind his head as they walked towards Shikamaru's house.

The conversation flowed easy between the two. Naruto stopped in front of a house and gazed longingly at it. It was by far the biggest one in the neighborhood being closer to a mansion than a house. It was a modern Victorian style with a wraparound porch.

"All the mayors of Konoha live in that house; it's passed down from mayor to mayor. One day, it will belong to me." He cast a sidelong glance at Melanie "I will be the best mayor ever. Even better than Mayor Riding is now, believe it!"

Melanie smiled warmly at him. "Why don't we go say hi?" Before Naruto could respond she bounded up the path way. By the time Naruto reached her side she had already knocked. The door opened revealing an older woman with long brown hair speckled with gray. She had soft blue eyes and a gentle smile.

"Melanie dear! It's so good to see you," the woman said pulling her in for a hug. "Your parents just left. They said you have a costume party tonight?"

"Hello grandma! I do, this is Naruto my date." Melanie gestured to the blonde. He managed to compose himself enough to shake the hand offered him. "Is Papa here?"

"He should be in the study. Why don't you two say hi while I look for the camera?"

With one last hug from her grandmother, Melanie guided Naruto throughout the impressive house. With each room they passed Naruto let out a soft whimper. "It's even better than I imagined."

Melanie grinned to herself coming to a halt in front of a massive door. She knocked lightly before going in. Naruto hesitated, why did he think it was a good idea to dress as Pikachu? Squaring his shoulders, he lifted his chin and took his first step into the office that would one day be his. Melanie was sitting in an arm chair across from a huge mahogany desk. She chatted animatedly with the man across from her.