Tarvern Brawl

We circled each other, drawn swords pointed at each other's chests. Sparrow had seemed surprised by my greeting, but then did his best to cover it up.

'Sorry mate, but I don't remember having a son' he drawled lazily.

'He does look a lot like you Jack' the young woman piped up from the corner, a hint of amusement in her voice. I snarled.

'When you've all finished deciding whether or not to believe my story...'

'Well, you see mate' Jack interrupted me. 'The problem is that we don't. I mean, anyone could say what you've just said, but that wouldn't be making them my son now, would it? Savy.' He asked, twirling his sword.

Keeping my eyes trained on his weapon I said, 'My mother was Scarlett Swift. Ring a bell?' I risked a glance up from his sword and saw his eyes widen.

'Was?' he said, losing some of his former arrogance.

'Aye' I replied. 'She died ten years ago, from the flu.'

Jack gulped audibly.

'But I forgot, you liked her Sparrow, didn't you?' I continued, aware of his discomfort. 'You told her that you loved her. You even gave her a son. But you didn't stay with her did you?'

Jack shook his head, as though he was in a trance. I kept talking, 'She would tie you down. You were young and carefree. So what if she had a child that she could barely support? She couldn't even support herself, you know. She was drunk half the time, and selling herself the rest. But she still couldn't afford food. So you left, to have fun playing pirates and getting rich. Didn't even like her enough to stick around until the child was born, even though she begged. She begged long after you were gone, too. Through my childhood, when she was drunk or asleep, she would call your name, beg for you to comeback. I thought you must have been amazing, for her to want you so badly.' Here he smiled cockily, but I could sense the unease he was covering. I continued;

'Then I realised, What kind of father would leave the woman he suposedly loved and her unborn child, without a home or support? On her death bed, she called me to her and said 'Find your father. Tell him that I love him.' She wasted her last breath on you, but I promised her I would. So here I am, Jack Sparrow, my mother loved you, but I hate you for what you did to her and to me. Now prepare to die.'

I charged at him, sword raised, and stabbed at his heart. Only just in time did he shake himself out of his stupor and bring his sword up to parry my attack. I growled, the deep sound resonating in the back of my throat, as I swung at his neck. Again he blocked, but only in the nick of time. A crowd had now gathered around us to watch the duel, but gave our swinging swords a wide berth.

Sparrow blocked my third attack and said, 'Now, mate, would be a good time for you to re-evaluate your options. You've delivered your very important message and now can go on your way.' He sounded drunk but to be honest, that wasn't very different from how he had been talking earlier.

I pretended to consider his suggestion 'Aye, you're right. I have delivered my very important message and if I intended to leave, now would be the opportune moment. However, I didn't come just to leave again Sparrow. I won't rest until every last drop of blood in your body is spilt.'

With a yell of rage, I pushed his sword aside and pointed my sword at his heart, the point pressing slightly into the soft fabric shirt he wore. 'Good bye Jack Sparrow, nice knowing you'. Then my world went black.

William Turner's P.O.V.

I swung the bottle of rum I was drinking up and brought it down hard on the boy's head. He collapsed and hit the floor hard, his head bouncing with a dull thud. Behind him stood Jack, looking extrememly pale and shocked.

'Thank you' he said, uncertainly. 'Be a little quicker next time, won't you?' He span around and started to swagger out of the tavern.

I shook my head in exasperation, but that was Jack Sparrow for you. 'What shall I do with the boy?' I called after him. Jack stopped and looked at the boy with a calculating expression on his face, before answering, 'bring him on board. We could do with a cabin boy'.

I looked at Elizabeth in surprise, but she nodded slightly, before grasping the boys feet. I held him under the shoulders and together we carried him towards the Black Pearl.