ONE

Steph's POV

"Mr McMahon, why can't I just go solo? Wouldn't it be better to start alone?" I tried to reason, clearly not interested in his point of view. quest what he told me to do.

"You should be smart enough not to question me, a lot of women here would love to team with the most three dominant men. I believe you're a powerhouse, you're shield material. This isn't a debate, you're joining them and that's the end of it." He dismissed me. Choosing to say nothing more I walked out, feeling on edge about seeing Jon again. I didn't know how he was, if he was different I didn't care, I just didn't want to see him.

Although I was very glad that they gave a girl like me a chance, and it wasn't because Shawn Michael's was my uncle. Being only 25 I had talent even people before me didn't have at their age.

Deciding not to go see my fellow shield mates I paced back and forth in the hallway, deep in thought. Hearing boots come toward my way I looked up seeing they came to see me instead. My eyes immediately landed on Dean. I could feel him staring at me. He was as shocked as I was.

"Steph, let me say it is an honor to have you as the first female shield member. I'm a huge fan." Seth spoke with a smile. I greeted them politely and gave them the best smile I could.

"It's nice to be here." I lied, knowing I was just trying to get out of being in a group with them. Seth and Roman continued talking to me while Dean still stared like he had nothing better to do.

"Dean, its rude to not speak."

"Hi." Dean finally said. I gave him a simple nod.

"Is there something were missing here?" Seth asked.

"No not at all. There's nothing to talk about, so can we go now?" I asked changing the subject. I went around and talked to more of the divas, but of course I got attitude from the women's champion herself, AJ Lee. She must find me intimidating.

Dean stayed behind me the whole time, stealing glances thinking I wasn't watching him too. Finally getting around to the people and my gear, I changed into it a black body suit with black soldier jeans to go over them, of course with all black boots.

"You look great." Seth barged in. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, not being able to hide my laugh.

"Knocking works Seth." I told him and he shrugged, helping me wet my hair.

"Dean doesn't she look awful good?" Roman winked at me. Dean only nodded and gave a small smile.

"Yeah, she does. You look great Steph." He told me. I could hear the curiosity in his voice while he talked.

"Anyway, can we go grab a bite? I'm starving." He said making his way out. He was still such a greedy man. The memory made my chest tighten as we walked together into catering. Roman and Seth walked ahead while he walks next to me.

"Steph." He spoke. I looked up and over at him., causing me to stop and turn around.

"I'm happy that you're here. You look beautiful. Same as the first day I met you.." He went to touch me. I took a step back and caught up with the others, choosing not to deal with him right now. There was no way in hell I would let him try and get to me now when I've come so far.

--

After the match

After pinning the divas champion with a sweet chin music, I snatched away from the referee as he tried to raise my hand in victory. Fist bumping the boys I skipped around, mocking AJ as she laid on the ground holding her mouth. I kicked her out of my ring and continued to make fun of her, soon exiting the ring to backstage.

"Do you need something?" I asked feeling Jonathan's presence follow me to my locker room.

"Why are you acting so defensive? We're going to have to talk about what happened someday." He said un taping his hands.

"There's nothing to talk about. You slept with my best friend, you think I want to relive that vision of catching you in bed with her? I want you to stick to business, I don't want to get personal and I don't want to talk, because we will never be okay again." I bit at him in a low voice.

"Steph, let me explain I want us to-"

"Stop talking, and please get out of my locker room." I interrupted him, my anger rising each second.

"I'm gonna keep trying, I hope you know that. I want you back and that's what I'm gonna get."  He came closer to me.

"Don't you get it? I'm done. I was done then, still done now. You don't deserve another chance, so leave me alone. That's all I want from you." I tried to fight back tears.

"Steph-

"I said, get, out!" I shoved him out of the door, shutting it once he was out. Sliding against the door I sobbed, hearing him apologize again before hearing his footsteps lead away from the door.

I didn't want to forgive Dean, hell I wasn't ready. Put part of me wanted to hear him out, only because I still had love for him. I hated that after everything he still made my heart skip a beat, my stomach fill with butterflies every time I saw him stare at me.

I hated that after everything, I still loved him.

-

-

Vote!

Comment what you think (: