Make It Last Forever: Realization

Ashley's POV

I was sitting on the couch thinking about going over to Kali's and Jerome home to apologize and tell her how sorry I am. I should have went to the hospital to show my support but instead I cried my eyes out from seeing my best friend getting beat by my boyfriend. I stayed with Charleston helping him get cleaned up from the nasty fight he had with Jerome.

(Flashback)

"Sit up baby let me help you get cleaned up" I said pulling him up to his feet.

"Get the fuck off of me Ashley" he roughly pushed me away while trying to stand up on his on which he failed badly causing him to fall again.

"Damn it Charleston just let me help you!" I cried to him attempting to pull him to the bed again and he let me. I went into the bathroom and got the alcohol and cotton balls with newsprint. Before I walked out the bathroom I looked into the mirror and froze. I barely recognized myself I've lost so much weight and eyes are sunken in and black. I just cried silently knowing that i only put myself through what I allow him to do. Everyone has been telling me to leave him but I was so vulnerable about hurting Riko that I thought he would never want me anymore so I just stayed with Charleston.

"ASHLEY what the fuck is taking you so long huh?" He yelled from the bed.  I walked back to him and wipes all the blood off of him face and chin. I wet the cotton ball with alcohol and dabbed his face causing him to slap me making fall back and  hit my head on the dresser I busted out crying again pulling my knees to my chest rocking back and forth.

"Damn you stupid ass know that shit burn so why would you do that?! Then cry and shit like you don't know no better. Man I'm so sick of your ass should have left your ass after that night in Cali. But naw me being nice and shit I kept fucking with yo hoe ass" he continued to rant on and I just sat there and cried. I cried for him. I cried for myself. I cried for Kali. I cried for King and Riko. I'm finally starting to realize what Kali way trying to help me leave.

"Shut up" I mumbled getting up drying my face.

"Watch who you talking to man I'm not in the mood I just got my ass beat because of you wanting to bring one your friends over here to start shit"

"She wasn't starting shit she was trying to help me to leave your trifling ass" I yelled getting pissed about him talking about Kali recklessly

"Who you calling trif-"

"YOU! The same nigga who hasn't worked since California. The 'I'm a business man down in Atlanta without many restaurants and stores' lying ass should've knew better when you would always make me pay for the hotel rooms talking about I like when my woman pay for her man' get the fuck out before I call the police for assault!" I yelled looking at him. For the first time he didn't charge me and threaten to kill me for talking to him crazy but he looked at me blankly.

"I'm sorry" he whispered

"Wh- what?" I asked shocked

"I'm sorry Ashley.....I'm sorry for what I put you through all these years. Your right you should've left me alone to start with . You had a great life and I made it a goal to try and see if I could come between you and your man at the time. But I guess i started catching feelings after so long. Never had a female care for me so unconditionally. I seen you really cared for that nigga and I took you from him and treated you like your weren't shit know I need you." He said putting his head in his hands.

"Why do you treat me the way you do and expect me to not leave you?"

"Because it's been six years Ashely and your still here so I took that as you would never leave"

"But this -this anger you carry around wasn't there from the beginning. I actually loved you Charleston! I thought I made the right decision picking you over Riko because I didn't want to Hurt him by staying with him and still have feelings for you . Knowing that I would find myself cheating on him. So I took the chance to go with you . I've lost everyone that I loved deeply to you. My family doesn't talk to me anymore since you hit my aunt, my damn son doesn't want to be around me because he's afraid that I will die, and I'm pretty sure I've just lost my only friend Kali. But I want to know what did I do to make you switch from the loving and passionate man to the aggressive and abusive man I'm looking at now?" I vented to him. Everything that I ever wanted to say to him was finally starting to come off my chest.

"I - I - I don't know"

"Bullshit! Tell me Now!" I yelled waking closer to him

"Ashley I don't-"

"Tell me !" I cut him off crossing my arms over my chest shifting all my weight to my right leg. He sighed know I wasn't gonna let it go

"I seen you still had feelings for that nigga. When he would come over to get King and to drop him off I would see the you two still look at each other after two years of being separated and us being together. He still had an affect on you that I didn't. Shit you share a kid with this dude. So one night he dropped King off early you hadn't came home from work yet and I seen Riko face to face. We just stared each other down with a mug . I told him I didn't like the way he looked at you and how y'all would text and he told me not to worry about and that you would always be his girl. So since i couldn't beat him I would beat you instead." He says . I just stared at him without a word leaving my mouth. His excuse wasn't good enough for me to want to believe him. I was officially done with him for good. But I know he has no where to go and I won't abandon him like that. But best believe there will be boundaries.

"Charleston I'm giving you three months to get your shit together and get out my house. All your stuff needs to be out my room by tonight and into the basement where you'll be staying. Don't say shit to me. I'm done with your ass." I said looking him dead in his eyes to show him I mean business

"No baby I'm sorry I'll get help i promise please Ashley baby here me out I'm sorr-" he cried dropping to his knees holding my waist crying.

"Stop it. I'm done I can't do this anymore your lucky I'm giving you three months as is. I advise you to start moving your things it already 7:15 pm." And with that i grabbed my purse and left leaving him on his knees in disbelief.

VOTE LIKE COMMENT SHARE

1. How am I doing
2. Sorry for the wait I'm slowing getting back into this story .