Chapter 3

The next morning, I was able to get ready for school without Brent there to distract me. I’d woken up without him in the bed, so I figured he’d gotten up early and had gone down to deal with some business.

            Once I was dressed and ready, I went down the stairs to find him. He was in his office talking on his phone, wearing only a pair of black sweatpants. He glanced up when I came in and he smiled warmly at me. He scooted his chair back a little and opened an arm in invitation. I walked over to him and sat on his lap, nuzzling his neck.

            He ended the call quickly and wrapped both arms around me. “Did you sleep well baby?” he asked.

            I nodded. “Yeah, but I would’ve liked waking up to you,” I replied.

            He kissed the top of my head. “Sorry, I had to deal with some things. I was hoping to be done before you woke up, but the calls took longer then I expected.”

            “It’s okay. Have you had breakfast yet?”

            “No, I was waiting for you. Should we go eat?”

            “Probably, because I’ll have to leave for school shortly.”

            He frowned. “Who’s bright idea was it to send you to school again?”

            I gave him a dry look. “Told you I should’ve just finished my last year being home schooled.”

            He kissed the side of my neck. “You know that it’s good for you to face your demons,” he murmured against my skin.

            I tilted my head to give him better access. “I know. But neither of us likes being apart from each other.”

            He lightly sucked on my skin, right where the shoulder and neck join; where he had marked me almost two years ago. I moaned a little and felt him smile. “But it makes the time we do spend together all that much more special,” he replied.

            I turned so that I was straddling him and he gripped my waist. “You mean times like this?” I purred as I grinded against him a little.

            His hands tightened on my hips and I felt him grow hard underneath me. “Yeah,” he whispered breathlessly.

            I leaned in and kissed along his jawline and up to his ear. “Well, too bad I have to go to school,” I said, and then hopped off his lap and raced out of the office, giggling hysterically.

            I heard him curse violently and then start chasing after me. I skidded around the corner into the kitchen and the three guys in there snapped their heads up at my arrival. I raced to the far side of the table as Brent came barreling in.

            His eyes were dark as he slowly stalked around the table. I kept on backing away, but I knew it was only a matter of time before he caught me. Suddenly, he shocked everyone by jumping onto the table, taking one large step and leaping down right next to me.

            I let out a little squeak as he scooped me up into his arms and carried me out of the room. I could hear the guys from the kitchen laughing and vowed to get them back later.

            Brent brought me back up to our room and tossed me lightly onto the bed. He quickly covered my body with his and ripped my shirt off. One of his hands found my breasts as his other one traveled down to fumble with the button of my jeans.