Chapter 1

Something was tickling my cheek, and I muttered quietly, lazily raising a hand to smack at whatever it was. I wasn’t ready to get out of my warm bed yet. The tickling sensation returned and I cursed before finally cracking one eye open.

            Bright blue eyes looked back at me and they were alive with amusement. “Wake up, sleeping beauty,” the owner of the eyes cooed.

            I grunted and rolled over, away from the annoying person. “Go away, Brent. I’m not ready to get up yet.”

            I heard him chuckle and then an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me back into a hard body. “Come on, angel, you need to get ready for school.”

            I groaned and flipped over again so I could face him. “Why are you making me go to this school again? You know what it was like for me last time.”

            His eyes softened a little. “I know, but you’re a different person now, Tara.” He stroked my cheek with one finger. “You’re so much stronger now, and you have me.”

            “But you won’t be there with me,” I whined as I buried my face in his chest.

            He pulled me closer. “I know baby, but you still have our connection. I’ll be there in two minutes flat if you need me.”

            I sighed, knowing he was right. I pulled my face away from his chest and tilted my head so that I could kiss him. “I love you,” I murmured

            “I love you too,” he replied, trying to deepen the kiss.

            I laughed and jumped out of the bed. “No way, lover boy. If you’re going to make me go to school, then I have to get ready.”

            He pouted. “But I want you now.”

            “Well, too bad. You’ll have to wait until after I’m done school.”

            His eyes raked over my body and I saw them darken with desire. “I don’t think I’ll be able to wait,” he said.

            I shivered at the tone of his voice. He stood up and I let my eyes roam over his tanned body. Brent was tall, standing at just over six and a half feet. His body was solid muscle and his skin had a permanent golden hue hinting at his native heritage. His eyes were a deep, sparkling blue and his short, slightly wavy hair was pitch black. In short, he pretty much looked like a god, and he was all mine.

            He stalked slowly over to me and I stood my ground. When he reached me, he slid his arms around my waist and pulled me tight into his body. I could feel how aroused he was already and it turned me on. “I guess I can be a little late,” I murmured.

            He grinned triumphantly. “Good,” he replied and then swooped his head down to capture my lips in a heated kiss. His hands traveled down my body to my ass, and then he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and tangled my fingers into his hair as he carried me back to the bed and laid me down.

            As soon as my back touched the bed, I released my hold on his hair and ran my hands down his back, letting my nails dig in a tiny bit.

            His lips left mine to trail down my neck and then to my breasts. He took one nipple into his mouth and sucked on it gently, causing me to moan and arch into him. I reached down and gripped his shaft firmly in one hand. I started pumping him gently and he let out a moan of his own.