Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Vlad woke up about 3 hours before sunrise, to a knock on his door. He opened his grey eyes, then like every morning banged his head of the roof of his coffin. “Ow.” He murmured as the lid lifted. “Come in,” he grumbled, “the doors unlocked.” He quickly sat up wiping the sleep out of his eyes. The door slowly opened revealing a gloomy-looking Bertrand. He slowly walked over to the chair and fell back onto it, placing his head in his hands.

Vlad climbed out of his coffin and stood by him placing a hand on his shoulder. “Where is she?” Bertrand asked quietly.

“Erin’s room.” Vlad answered.

“The slayer’s room?” He asked slightly surprised. 

“You weren’t back and she broke down in tears last night. It was the room nearest mine incase she needed me.” He said sighing.

“Thanks, Vlad.” Bertrand replied before leaving the room and leaving the door open. Vlad shook his head surprised, that was the first time he had heard Bertrand say Thank You.

Bertrand lightly knocked on Venus’s door hesitantly . “Come in.” He heard her softly say. He gently pushed the door open to see Venus sat on the trunk next to the mirror, just staring at it. No one reflected in it. She looked a bit of a mess. Her red wavy hair was tangled and knotted, her white skin looked see through from dehydration and tear stains were clear down her face. 

Bertrand carefully placed a rucksack from his shoulder onto the floor. “Hey, erm…I brought you some clothes and stuff from the manor.” He said awkwardly. He placed his arm around her shoulder. “Thanks.” she said starring off into the mirror. “You’ll be staying her with me, erm, I’ll be looking after you, I’m your guardian now, so erm yeah.” Bertrand explained not knowing what to say or do. He removed his arm before escaping to the door just before he saw the silent tears shed down her face, again. 

Venus looked at the door knowing its not Bertrand’s fault. He had hardly any experience with girls or teenagers. Venus wiped away the tears before pacing to the rucksack on the floor. Wondering what Bertrand had brought her, she pulled open the bag. She removed some of her possessions, mainly the necessities. Hair brush, toothbrush, clothes, some jewellery, underwear ect. After removing the essentials, she released he hadn’t packed her any bras. Sighing, she knew he wouldn’t go anywhere near private things, she knew she’d have to go back to the manor. Sighing once again she got ready and changed it a pair of grey skinny jeans, red and black high top converse and a red t-shirt and her leather jacket.

Walking out of the door, she was bumped into by a small cute boy. “Hi. Who are you?” he said confidently. 

“Erm…I’m Venus, Venus Godric…..” she said not sure what to say.

“I’m Wolfie.” he said placing his small hand in Venus’s, shaking it, then running off again. Venus shook her head a little surprised. Carrying on down the corridor wondering what was going to happened next.

Suddenly realising she had know idea where she was going, she decided to turn back and go and see Vlad. She gently knocked on the door and walked in when she heard him shout come in. Shutting the door behind her, she turned to see him sat in his coffin with a book in hand, Aramaic written on the cover. Looking up from his, he jumped a little when he saw Venus standing there, awkwardly. “Hello.” He squeaked, he quickly coughed to clear his throat before trying to give a manly ’Hey’.