Chapter 7

Not long after, Vlad soon left Venus to carry on his training. She wondered aimlessly through the school and the Dracula's quarters. Walking around she soon found her way into the basement of the quarters and came across a large, impressive mirror. The mirror was taller than her and was surrounded by a gold frame and was guarded by two golden creatures.

She starred blankly at the mirror. No reflection greeted her. This was her life now, a vampire. No reflection and no sunlight. And even worse, she was in hiding from slayers that murdered her family. She sighed deeply, the misery of her future setting in. She didn't want to live like this. She didn't want to hide, she didn't want to avoid sunlight, she didn't want to drink blood of the innocent. All she wanted was to be normal, or at the least make it go back to how it use to be when she would play outside the sunshine with her brother, when she would trek into town for some garlic bread, when she could look in the mirror and would know she looked decent. How was she suppose to know if she had something round her mouth without someone telling her?

It had all changed. Within a matter of days.

Her eyes stung as they wanted to tear but she pushed them back. Know matter what, she now decided she needed to grow up, no more crying. Crying was for babies. Despite this thought, she decided that she was going to try and be normal as possible. She didn't know how she was going to do it, but she was determined to try. Determination came in the family. She reminded herself of her dead family and accidentally let a tear escape.

Angry with herself for already failing, she violently wiped it away with her hand, only just remembering she was wearing mascara a little to late. She reached out to the mirror, longing for a reflection to show if she smudged her make up or not.

She was just more than a meter away from the mirror when suddenly the creatures beside the mirror awoke. They reached out, bating her away. Venus jumped in surprise and amazement before realising what the mirror was. It was the Dracula blood mirror.

Her family too had a blood mirror for the Godric's but never got chance to encounter it before she became orphaned. She wondered if she would ever meet her bad reflection now.

She continued wondering around the basement until she heard a noise coming from one of the cells, the sound of a cork being pulled out of a bottle. She followed the sound to a what look liked a wine cellar, but at closer inspection turned out that the bottles where filled with blood. In the middle of the blood cellar stood a gothic women with a glass of blood in her hands.

"I've been caught red handed..." She said mysteriously,"Who are you?" She asked.

"Venus, Venus Godric. I'm Bertrand's niece." She replied."Who are you?"

"Ingrid Dracula." Ingrid answered.

"Your Vlad's sister?"

"Yes." She answered sounding annoyed. "So then what are you doing down here."

"I got bored so I went exploring. What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm drinking. Want some?" Ingrid offered her glass.

Venus remembered her promise to herself. She shook her head.

"All the more for me."

Just then a scruffy disgusting looking breather woddled into the cellar and headed start for the bottle. Renfield stopped and notice the two girls conversing. "Oy, what are you to doing down here? You know Master would be mad Mistress Ingrid if he found out..."

"Well he won't, will he Renfield?" Ingrid said starring deep into his eyes hypnotising him with her yellow ones.

"No Mistress Ingrid." He replied robotically.

"Good. And you better not say anything either." Ingrid directed towards venus before grabbing three bottles of blood, then storming off.

Venus retreated from the cellar and scurried back to her room. She knew Ingrid was up to something but she didn't know Ingrid well enough to know what.

Venus arrived outside her door when Bertrand suddenly appeared. "Erm...Venus I was wondering if I could talk to you." He asked awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

..........

Hey guys,

Its been a while, so if you read my authors note update will know how sorry I am. I am extremely sorry for making you wait. I lost interest in writing but I want to do A level english in collage and I am determined to finish a story, so here I am.

I hope you like but I'm sorry its not long. I will hopeful update to chapter 8 by next week, if you before.

Love from Emma :)