chapter 37

Percy pov-

It has been two weeks since I got shot. The wound is painful and I haven't healed it because I cant. I cant make it work again.

Christmas is in a few days and I am getting ready to go shopping with Wanda to get gifts.

Since I got shot, it's been harder to do things. I can't get dressed as easily and I can't do anything that involves using my right hand. The best thing about it is that I am excused from writing my essays in class because I'm right handed, but I do have to type them up in my own time.

I am trying to get dressed. Key word: trying. I have managed to pull on a black tank top and black leggings, but now I have to put on my plaid button up and greenish grey leather jacket. I pull off my sling and pull the plaid top over my arm without moving it. Then I replace the sling and put my other arm through. I'm not buttoning it, because that us too much work to do with my left hand. I grab my jacket and put my good arm in the sleeve, before just placing the other side on my shoulder.

My hair is kind of straight because I asked Wanda to straighten it. It stayed straightish over night, so that's good. I grab a black hat off my desk and slide it on my head. A necklace is sitting on my dresser and the chain is long enough to just pull over my head, so I throw that on as well.

The shoes I'm wearing are brown boots with fur inside. They are slide on, so I don't struggle with them as much.

As I exit my room, I grab my purse. I meet Wanda in the hallway and we walk to the elevator together. Once we're on, I feel a bit nervous. I never understood why elevators make me jittery.

The doors open at the ground floor and we get out of the elevator. We get into Steve's car and I drive us to a mall. I chose one that's further out of the city. It is right off the highway, and pretty far away, but it's worth it. The stores there are much better and less people go there. Still I think it'll be crowded due to the upcoming holidays.

It is less crowded than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be a madhouse, but instead it was not really crowded at all. I turn off the ignition and open my door, sure to grab my purse. I shove my phone and the keys in it and Wanda and I walk inside.

"Let's start at Hot Topic." Wanda says.

"Actually, I wanted to shop for you first. I say that we should split up and meet up at the food court at two." I tell her.

"Okay." She replies, before running in the direction of Hot Topic.

I all over to the nearest jewelry store and look at the selection. There are charm bracelets that would make perfect gifts for Chelsea, Nikki, and Ashleigh.

"Excuse me. Sir?" I ask the man behind the counter.

"What do you need?"

"Can u get three of those charm bracelets?" I ask

"Yes." He tells me "You can pick out three charms for each of them."

I nod and look at the charms. I decide to get them each one with their zodiac, one with their birthstone, and one of their favorite flowers. I get Nikki a Sagittarius symbol, a Zircon gem, and a daisy as her charms. I get Chelsea a Libra Symbol, a Saphire gem, and a rose. Finally, I decide to get Ashleigh a Pisces symbol, a aquamarine stone, and a Orchid charm. He clips them onto the bracelets and puts them into black velvet boxes before placing them in a bag. The guy behind the counter asks me if I need anything else.

"Yeah." I say. "Can I look at your watches?"

He nods and asks "For men or women?"

"Uh... Men."