Prologue

"Laws."

"Laws are the reason that mankind has survived over the countless years of his existence. Without laws, we, as a species, would be nothing. That which sets up apart from those we conquer are our laws - laws made by reason for the fair carriage of justice and good of the country. Laws for living, laws for fighting, laws for dying, laws for selling, laws for buying. Laws to regulate every aspect of life - without chaos a civilzation will never fall."

"Laws are in existence just to allow those people who accept them to avoid destruction. Laws minimize chaos, try to eliminate it. Without law, there is no order. Without order, there is no life. Laws are the basis for our survival - laws are the reason you’re alive today.

"There are those of us today who believe the citizens of tomorrow will not know law. Will not know reason. Will be living a life destined for death, in chaos, anarchy, and pain. And to satisfy those members of our assembly, we pass down this document to those who proceed us. Those who will carry on our lineage. Those who will give hinor and credit to their ancestors."

"Without histroy, their can be no law. Law is devised by the observation of histroy, of what has happened, of what should happen. We make laws to prevent mistakes, but we rarely know of a mistake until it has ocurred. Those who forget the law are doomed to lose thir history, and future. Those who forget their history are bound to lose their laws."

"For those of us who believe the children of tomorrow will forget our laws - the laws that we spent our lives crafting, we write this document."

"This document is a chronicle of laws. Laws made by those who experienced anarchy, chaos, death, and destruction. Laws made to prevent that which would destroy our society. We, who have lived through a living nightmare, write down these laws to prevent the reptition of our lives - lifetimes we would not wish on our worst enemies."

"This is the history of the beginning of time. Time only begins when it is measured, and only truly exists once chronicled. The first chronicles of those who first made law are the first chronicles of time itself - the beginning fo time exists within the adoption of reason."

"So if you, citizen of Rhal, believe that the laws now imposed on you are meaningless, worthless, pointless, only look back to why we did what we did. The story of the lawmakers. The story of the creators. The story of the judges. The story of the progenitors of Rhal."