Chapter 7

Yuki’s POV

I sat on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

Yuki’s POV,(14) Back in Junior High

“I heard his grandma dropped by the director’s office to make sure that he could wear whatever he wanted to instead of these uniforms” I heard a boy whispered as I walked by to his friend who nodded and laughed.

I bit my lip and looked down at my clothes. My kimono layers over lapping. Tears prickled my eyes. It’s not my fault. It’s not my fault!

I felt someone step on the ends of my kimono and I slipped and fell. As I hit the ground I heard laughter as my books scattered around. I bit back a sob. 

I stayed on the ground, hoping they would soon grow bored and leave.

Hope did not come.

Instead I felt kicks and spit rain upon me. All I could do was stare at the people who walked by me and laughed at my horrified expression. I clenched my fists as I pushed myself up onto my knees.

“Hey you okay?” I looked up to see a girl and ….a girl? Peering down at me.

I nodded silently. The girl? Shook her head and picked me up like I was a doll.

“I’m Ana” The girl in the school uniform said.

“I’m Yoshi” I heard the boy?!? say.

“Yuki….” I whimpered softly. Yoshi shook his head.

“Your pretty kimono is all dirty!!!” He said, shaking his long blond hair. I noticed he wasn’t wearing the boy’s school uniform either. Instead he was wearing lacey dress, stockings, and heels. I looked down and what he had said was true.

My kimono was extremely dirty.

I sat up on my bed and put my head between my knees, sighing.

These memories were haunting me! I shut my eyes.

(Yuki’s POV, Age 6)

“Mama! Mama!” I cried out as I ran around the courtyard trying to find her. I smiled, laughing

“Mama! Aww don’t hide from me, I’m awful at Hide-n-Find!” I giggled, leaning against a cherry blossom tree to catch my breath.

Grandma and Eldest sister were at the main house, outside of Mama’s room, I watched as Eldest sister leaned down and put her head on Grandma’s shoulder and sobbed. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Why were they crying? Today is a pretty day!

I wandered back to the house, hoping onto one stone from the other. Finally  I reached the main house.

I ran down to my mother’s room, surely she has to be there. I looked around.

Where all my sisters and grandmother had gone?

I ignored the sick feeling in my stomach.

I slide the door open and smiled.

“There you are Mama!” I said happily, walking over to her where she laid in her bed. I kneeled down and shook her gently.

“Mama….” I said with a pout . “Come pick flowers with me!” I smiled. I said laying my head on her chest, She felt cold. When she didn’t respond, I shook her again. Then harder, then I was shaking her furiously, whimpering Mama Mama over and over again.

She’s sleeping…..right?

“Mama, you wouldn’t leave me here alone would you?” I said softly, tears prickling my eyes. She didn’t respond. I bit my lip, and pressed my head closer to hear chest, listening for her heart beat.

Nothing.

I put a hand over my chest.

Ba-Bump…..Ba-Bump……Ba-Bump-Ba-Bump-Ba-Bump!

I stood up and started back away, staring at my lifeless mother’s face. I felt myself trip over something , I felt myself fall, I heard a splatter as the large bowl’s contents splatter all over me, I stared in horror as I took in the smell and sight. My kimino was covered in red splotches that smelled like metallic iron.

Blood.

I let out a horrifying scream.

I could hear my sisters footsteps rushing towards this end of the wing,

But I didn’t care.

My mother was dead.

And I was covered in her vomited blood.

I closed my eyes and sobbed.

Please Arashi, Come home soon. I can’t stand to be alone.

You keep my mind off home and memories I can’t stand.

You help me keep my sanity.

I held my knees against my chest as I grieved.