31. givenchy dresses and camera flashes

Mon,

Wow, that was depressing, you're right. Sounds like you definitely aren't coping without me. God, do I need to come to you? I wish I could, Mon, I wish I could see you. I miss you so damn much, it kills me every day that you're not here.

Please come back. Please come see me.

Come back for me.

Love, Chloe.

William didn't contact me for the rest of the day despite the few texts I'd sent to check up on him. As far as I knew, his family was shipping him off to some boarding school right now. Or the Greene's were suing the Bishops for all they had after their son's attack.

Although, maybe it was all worth it for the fleeting image of Francis cradling his nose that still played in my mind. I snickered as I pulled on the assortment of bangles I had prepared on my dresser. If there was one thing I admired about William Bishop, it was the fact that he'd inflicted pain on such a horrible person. Even if it was an impulsively stupid decision.

But, I'd also be lying if I said that was the only trait I found admirable about William Bishop. There was a swarm of them growing. No, a plague. And that wasn't something I'd managed to premeditate.

According to Maddy's recommendation, I'd done my makeup extra dark and edgy in order to make me look older. I still didn't feel prepared, and the feeling that I was playing into a trap was screaming loudly in my mind. But, in return, the opposing voice which was so desperate for secrets whispered in the background. What's the worst that could happen? Was that worth what I could gain?

Yes.

If my mother had not been whisked away on a not-so-romantic evening with my begging-for-forgiveness father, I'd have been scolded as I waited by my doorway for the car. I was wearing a gorgeous Givenchy dress, tailored to fit the awkward curves and crevices of my body, and heels that would make my height almost look comparable to Maddy's five-foot-eleven frame.

I frowned at my phone, which I'd been holding by my side for most of the afternoon. I was starting to grow worried that maybe William really had been expelled. Or worse. Why else would he ignore my texts? I mean, I'd done it to him once, and that was for a completely justifiable reason. I hadn't done anything wrong.

The black chauffeured car I'd ordered pulled up perfectly on time. I locked up my home behind me and slid into the back seat without a word, my eyes still fixated on the illuminated phone screen in my hand. Maybe my phone provider was failing. I loaded up my Facebook homepage, on the account which I'd created this year. According to Will's chat status, he'd been online only half an hour ago.