Chapter 10- Confessions hurt more than lies

Jake's POV

The guilt was eating me from the inside. I hated seeing Luna like that, it was terrible. She had done it for me. I planned to confront Luna. I went to her room, listening. She was in there, sobbing quietly. I knocked, going into the room and she peered up, before placing her head on her pillow once more.

" Luna?" I said peering over her shoulder.

"What do you want Jake?" She shouted to me.

"I need to tell you something" I said calmly. She looked up, surprised at my comment.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna's POV

Jake caught me offguard by his comment.

"what do you mean?" I sat up on my bed, intrested suddenly.

"This is hard to explain" He said

"I'll Try my hardest to understand" I said softly.

"Ok" He sighed. " I'm not your mate, Luna. I lied to you. I had a mate, before she was killed. I came to you, to get revenge on your mate, who killed her, but i grew to love you. Thats why the Ritual didn't work" I could hear the pain flowing from his voice. I was shocked, hurt. My voice didn't work. A lump formed in my throat.

"What?" I said with difficulty.

"Im so Sorry Luna" He said, tears falling down his face. He suddenly wasn't as beautiful as before. I started to cry and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I shoved it off.

"Get away from me!" I screamed. He took his hand back quickly afraid i would hurt him. He started to walk out slowly.

"Wait!" I said. "Who was my mate you were trying to get revenge on?" I spat, my eyes full of hatrid.

"Does it matter?" He shouted back. I couldn't believe what he was saying! He used me to get revenge on someone i didn't even know.

"Yes! Yes It does!" I shouted back! I accidently opened my instinct, hearing my father through, asking me if i was alright. No i said. Dont come in i have to sort this, i thought again. There was no more Instincts. I shut it off, focusing on Jake once more.

" It was Riley Adams. Thats your Mate" He grinned. " You saved me the job of killing him myself!" I tried to slap him, but my legs crumpled beneath me.

I shifted, running out the room to find the body of my actual mate. I felt terrible. I'd killed my only mate. I went to his body, slightly smiling from the kiss i'd given him. A tear fell from my cheek, landing on his cheek. I tried everything. I needed him back. I gave up, exausted from the news. I kissed his frozen, pale cheek. I touched his other cheek, it felt warm. I looked down his body to see if he was breathing. He was. I lost my breath, fallen on top of him, but he caught me. His werewolf healing must have worked quickly, because he embraced me tightly in his arms.

"Luna I'm Your-" He started.

"I know" I interupted. I started crying. It was all too much. I was with a amazing guy, then i was suddenly with a new guy. I fell to the snowy ground, blackness falling around me.

I woke up, seeing my fathers face. I saw Bella, Riley and my pack. I also saw Jake.

"Get him away from me!" I screamed over and over.

" Luna! Luna!" My fathers voice was soothing. " Don't hate Jake. There has been a misunderstanding".

"What?" I asked.

"I had a audience with the elders. They were watching you. With Jake. They Pronounced him a worthy mate for you. He was made your mate as well. You have two mates. Jake. And Riley". He explained warmly.

"Luna, we aren't asking you to choose between them, but think about it. You can only have one mate, but it doesn't mean you can't have two other Alphas helping you out. We could use the numbers". That made me think. I loved them both, still after what they had both done. You couldn't wish away love.

"Im ready" I sighed. "I've chosen my choice".

"What have you decided, Luna?" My fathers voice was now comforting.

"I've decided that both are to join, making one whole pack. I'll see how it goes, then decide my mate" I said strongly with a slight smug tinge to it.

"Ok Luna. Thats Your choice. No one is going against your word in this matter". Bella said.

I got up slowly, held up by Bella. Riley disappeared to go tell his pack. Same with Jake. We shifted and ran home, and I wasn't sure who my mate would be. I wasn't sure that my choice would be right, but either way, the other would have to stay, or run a pack without a mate, until the pack slowly died out. I couldn't do that to them. I entered the house and ran to my room, to think about my options.