Chapter 2- My Mate

Hey, Guys. I is on the Scene once again!! Lol. Anyway, we get to meet a certain smoking’ hot alpha male in this chapter. Ooohoo! I just might date my own imagination. Lol. Nah. Can’t. My Anthony might get mad. Lol. So guys this pic is of Breana. Closest pic I could find to match her. I would've put a pic of me on here but my hair don't match her and well...I am hideous. Sowwy! Don’t kill me…..enjoy the chapter!!! *hides behind Jake*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A year had passed and still I had no recognition of my past. Nothing but a nagging feeling to run. After the first ambush, I knew from what I had to run. The Rogues. In an attempt to hide myself from them, I dyed my hair black and got two ear piercing and a lip piercing. But it was in vain because they continued to ambush and attack me. Each time, I barely got away.

Wandering through the forest, I came upon an inviting patch of grass that looked very comfy. I hadn’t slept or rested in days. I crumpled to the ground and phased to my wolf form just in case I had to make a quick escape. I raised my head to the moon and let a single tear slip down my muzzle. God, please give me at least a name, I prayed. Hearing no response, I nuzzled my head into the grass and drifted off in a dreamless sleep.

I had been asleep for over three hours, I presume, when my eyes flashed open. A pain seethed in my arm and stomach. Growling and snarling erupted around me as I began to be drug across the forest floor.

I came to my senses and managed to bite the front leg of the Rogue that was dragging me. He yelped in pain during which I quickly darted away from the four Rogues that were dazed by my sudden attack. But it didn’t take me long to hear the padding of paws ferociously stomping the lush forest floor behind me. Pain struck everywhere on me as wolf after wolf lunged and landed blow after blow. I willed myself to keep running.

Eventually, I outran them and slowed my pace. I couldn’t tell if I was delusional or if it was real but I could see lights up ahead of me. I started to turn in the other direction before I could be seen or sensed if they were werewolves. No. Make us known. I sense no harm. They are not Rogues. my wolf spoke inside my head much to my surprise. I trusted her so I turned and, using the last bit of energy I had, dashed to the backyard of the house from which the lights came.

I collapsed right outside the tree line and felt my eyelids become heavy. I raised my head and howled a painful cry to my friend, the moon. I heard shuffling and a door slam open just before my eyes fluttered closed.

Jake’s POV

The pack had just settled down for the meeting that would announce that I would be fit to be the next Alpha…and that I should have already found my mate by now. I was shifting in my seat nervously

“Attention!” Dad said, his voice dripping with authority. Here it comes. I took a deep breath as the room fell eerily silent. “I have called the meeting because I feel my son is ready to prepare for his role as Alpha. As we all know, now that he has turned sixteen, I will step down and he will take my place.” The whole room burst into applause until my father hushed them. “Of course, this may only happen once he finds his ma-”

Everyone’s, including my father’s, eyes became wide as a painful cry echoed through the deadly silence. It seemed to be just outside the door. Dad threw open the door in the blink of an eye and was quickly flanked by the Beta, Mr. Luke, and the third-in-command, Mr. Mark. Being the soon-to-be alpha male, I took my place by Dad and hunkered down into my defensive stance.

We scanned the backyard for any sign of danger or abnormality. My eyes landed on a small, motionless lump in the grass just outside the tree line of the forest. Dad saw it too because our little group began to move toward it. We stopped about five feet from it and Dad continued to cautiously creep up to the lifeless thing. As he reached it, he nudged it with the tip of his boot. It rolled onto its back and my father seemed to relax. He stooped down and gathered it into his arms and I tilted my head in confusion.